Thursday

Jared is 18

This cute son of mine turned 18 years old today!  I find it hard to believe that my baby is that old but let me just say it's been a pleasure watching him grow up.  He was a fighter as a baby and needed to have a strong will to survive.  He has always been so cute and when he was little even men spoke of his cuteness.  As a toddler he cracked us up.  I remember him egging on one of his brothers saying..."you want a piece of me?"  then when they came towards him he rolled right under their feet.  He had quite the imagination.  He would start his stories with "Remember When?"  He had stories of owning dogs and changing Justin's diaper...which he realized wasn't true and corrected himself.  Gramps could always get him started and Jared would go on and on remembering things through his imagination.   As he grew he became more sensitive and tender hearted.  He doesn't like to be corrected and kind of thinks he needs to know how to do everything on his own.  If someone tries to critique him he feels bad about himself.  I feel sad about that.

Jared is a hard worker and Larry loves having him close by to help him.  I think Jared enjoys working with his dad.  Jared is the best uncle ever!  Little kids love him and he is just super fun and loving.  Jared is affectionate and still likes hugs.  He often lays his head on our shoulders to express his love.  He trusts me and tells me things or asks me things that he isn't sure about.  I love that!  Jared is just so kind.  I'm so glad he is ours and that God knew we needed this little guy. (no so little anymore)  Jared is truly a blessing to our entire family!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

I love that you write so much about the memories you have of them growing up on their birthdays! What a blessing Jared has been to your family! So glad he is still here!