Thursday

Fall Dance

Our Special Needs group hosted the dance tonight.  It's the first time that we have ever decorated and I'm so glad we did.  It made it so much nicer.  One of the leaders had their young men and women come and dance with the participants and they also kept the refreshment table filled.  It was so nice having them there so that the leaders could enjoy the kids.  Tonight I dance a lot.  We danced in groups and had a great time.  It was so nice seeing some gals that use to be in our group and getting hugs from them.  It was a wonderful surprise to see Connor there as well.  Connor moved to an assisted living home and I had no idea that he would be able to come.  I love getting a big hug from Connor.  In fact, I received a few big hugs from my cute friend.

Russell Harkness was our DJ and did an awesome job.  I heard one gentleman say it was the best ever.  We had missionaries that live in Provo come and see what we were doing.  They waited around so that I could meet them.  I am thrilled that we have people getting involved with our group.  That they take time to show us that they care about us...it's cool.  We served popcorn, cookies, lemon-aid and water.  We also had bit size candy bars.  We had plenty and I thought it was pretty nice.

0 comments: