Our ward had a progressive dinner tonight and it was pretty great. My group consisted of my neighbors and the Wards that just live on the next street. We met at the Bailey's for salad. Everyone brought something to add to the salad and we enjoyed our salads outside in the back yard. It was fun hearing Fonzie chat away. Fonzie and Teri aren't members but are really nice and this is really the first time I have been around Fonz and he's a talker. A group of us went to breakfast with Teri a year or so ago and so I did know her. Their cute daughter, Amanda got baptized a few years ago and so I knew her best because we were involved with her more. After tonight I think our neighbors need to get together more often.
After our salad we went to Mike and Shirley's and had a yummy chicken dinner. I could tell Shirley was a little stressed but I thought everything turned out really nice. Larry and I mentioned that had any of this been at our house we would have served the food on paper plates and plastic table cloths. We are all about easy. We couldn't volunteer to have it at our house though because we still had grands there when we left.
After our yummy dinner and wonderful conversations, everyone met at the Boerstra's for dessert. It was fun seeing so many familiar faces of good neighbors and friends that don't attend church. I really liked this activity and feel like it was a great way to get to know your neighbors better.
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment