Thursday

The Toomers

I got to be part of this wonderful families celebration today! Lantzen was married to Amanda in the Ogden Temple.  The day was hot and beautiful...just like the couple.  The temple ceremony was simple and nice.  Being around Mallory, Glen and their cute family makes me happy.  I love them.  Lantzen is the cute little guy that we lost for a bit at Lagoon when he was about 3.  I still remember he was wearing a red shirt and Oshkosh overalls.  Lantzen is such an awesome kid.  He's always been so happy and kind.  He is great at every sport.  He is truly an exceptional kid.  I'm so happy for him and Amanda.

I was driving Larry's truck today and a little concerned about parking it.  I said a prayer that I would find a parking place that would be easy to get in and out of.  I turned on Washington Blvd. and right then a couple was getting into their car to leave. I was able to turn that big truck around and drive right by the curb in front of the Temple.  I had enough room to make sure that I would be able to pull out easily if someone decided to park behind me.  God answers simple prayers!
Kathy and I were able to help with the refreshments at the reception.  Mal's kids mentioned how Kathy and I were always there for them and that they appreciated us.  Kathy and Mallory were serving refreshments at Kevin and Julie's reception four years ago on this day.  It's wonderful having such good friends, friends that are always there for you when you need them.  The reception was at a golf course and was really cute.  The sun started setting at the perfect time and shade covered the tables so it was comfortable.

Mallory and Glen are wonderful parents.  You can always tell when the kids turn out and the family is still close and really good friends.  The Toomer Family is seriously one of my very favorite families ever!  There the kind of family we consider family.  I'm so thankful for them and love them all so much.  I was happy that I was able to help with their reception.  It was a fun day!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Gorgeous wedding!