Monday

Game Day

I really like starting the week off by playing games with friends first thing Monday morning.  We have such a good time.  Today we played on Carla's nice screened in deck.  It's so pretty outside and was pretty nice. I was sitting directly in front of a fan though and so I quite enjoyed it.  Debbie and Julie thought it was a little warm so we might move inside next week if it's still this warm.  Our weather jumped from a little too cold to play outside to a little too hot.  We didn't get much in between.

It's clear who the "Lucky Ducks" were!  Today we played Rummikub and Five Crowns.  I have lots of other fun games but I forget them so quickly.  I even write down how to play games so I can remember them and forget where the instructions are when I want them.  That's why we play a lot of the same games.  We like the same games though it's okay.

I really thought we'd have more ladies join us but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.  I had at least three others that sounded interested but I guess they were responding how they thought I wanted them to.  Regardless of the numbers of people we have fun.

Carla, Julie and I went to Sam's to get a vacuum but it wasn't on sale any longer and so we left it.  We went to lunch at Jeremiah's and I ordered exactly what I had on Friday.  I love their turkey sandwich!  We took Julie home and I went to the grocery store with Carla.  I only bought chocolate bars and filled my stash box completely full. (it's a nice feeling)

Kimleighel, Carla and I went to the movie.  We saw "You Before Me".  It was really good but I was bugged by the ending.  I had to imagine what might have been if the movie would have continued to feel better about it.  It was a pretty fun, filled day!

I might add that for as wonderful of a day as it had been it sure ended "crappy."  I went to the store with my child and some how I must of ticked this child off, because I was verbally attacked.  I was so caught off guard and released a few of my own thoughts.  I was so bummed because I wasn't prepared  for the attack at all.  Gotta love being a parent sometimes.  I've heard that kids will attack the parent/person they feel "safe" with.  Yippee, Skippy...I'm the chosen one!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

My harp lessons on Monday's at noon for the summer. IF I can get my hiney out the door soon enough after my run, maybe I can make it for a bit. I would have to leave early, but it would be so fun even for a few!