Friday

Food 4 Thought Friday


Food 4 Thought Friday! 

A little feast without the calories!! 


Feel free to play along for some yummy fun!  Go HERE to JOIN IN!!! 


 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Breakfast ~ What was a happy moment this week? When I finished typing everything for Jared's book.  It was kind of overwhelming at first trying to organize my thoughts and everything that was shared with us. It's taken me months and it's a quick read.   It's done as good as I am going to do it! YIPPEE!


Lunch ~ What was a sad moment this week? I can't really think of anything too sad.  I did feel bad for an older gentleman that we saw going into the store on Tuesday.  He was trying to get on his scooter by himself.  Tonya and I went and helped him and got his ramp secured back to his trailer.  Because we stopped to help another gal stopped to see if she could help too.  So kind of a sad thing that didn't end so sad.  Our son needed a blessing this week and it always breaks my heart to see my kids sick or struggling.  It's even harder when I see tears in their eyes.

Dinner ~ What happened that surprised you this week? I got a very exciting text announcing some really great news.
Also, spur of the moment our family was invited to have dinner and play cards with Carla and Roger.

Midnight Snack ~ What happened that didn't surprise you this week? When I got home I had lots of laundry to do even though the kids were suppose to do it before I got home.  Jared saved his on his floor and brought it down the next day.  The dishes didn't get done for a few days.  I reminded my child it was their responsibility this week and even though I wasn't surprised they weren't getting done I was disappointed.

Recipe for the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for the week?) Never Give Up On Yourself!  I didn't want to write a book because I didn't think I could.  It's not long and it's not perfect.  It's not professional by any means, but it is finished and our family will have it to remember some of the ripples from our experience.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Woo hoo! So excited you got your book done! That is a HUGE accomplishment! I really like your attitude that it isn't perfect and you are okay with that. I have such a struggle with that. I keep telling myself DONE IS BETTER THAN PERFECT, but my brain has a hard time accepting it. You are a good example to me! I'm still trying to get Tyson's headstone done because I want it SO PERFECT and so I am not moving forward at all with it. How sad is that! VERY SAD! I could die and then it won't ever be done. You have inspired me to just DO it and accept it for what it is. It's hard because I know it will be a permanent thing that will last forever, kind of like a book, and so I put too much pressure on myself. I needed this today!
Can't wait to hear what your good news is!
I love that your NOT SURPRISE was not a surprise. Kids seem to have a different set of time and priorities at times.
Can't wait to read your book!