Friday

Book Club

We met at 8:30 am at Village Inn for our Book Club this month.  They put us in a corner at a round table, which was perfect for us to share our Book Reports.  I read these three books since our last book club.  The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto was written  with "music" telling the story.  It was kind of different but I kind of feel in love with the story.  It had a lot of twists and I even got ticked off at a few.  When I had finished the first part of the book, I told Larry I hated it.  I took it on vacation with us.  I kept reading it though and ended up liking it.  "Music" parallels  our lives with music.  We are all part of a band...at times people leave and join another band....things like that.  I like the correlations.   The story of Frankie Presto's life was intriguing.  I googled to see if there was ever a Frankie Presto but he was all fiction. ☺ The twists in the book are explained towards the end which relieved my inquisitive mind.

The Seventeen Second Miracle is a book I would suggest for others to read.  It's about how simple and quick kindness can happen.  It talks about how kindness will change our lives and others.  It's a good story that inspired me in many ways.  I like the kindness journal that was kept and shared over the years with many others to help them on their journey through life.  I have started a kindness journal but haven't kept up on it.  I need to get it out and record the daily kindnesses in my life.

Diana, Her True Story was actually sad.  This book was well written and real.  Diana was a beautiful lady but not a happy one after marrying the Prince.  She experienced so much heart ache.  She had to put on a happy face for the public and camera's even if she was miserable inside.  Diana was a kind soul and loved the less fortunate.  She was a caring mother that loved her boys.  Diana's biggest mistake was marrying into the Royal family.  They were not kind to her and her life became one of a prisoner.  Her pleas for help were ignored over and over.  I feel bad that she wasn't able to get away from the press and all the pressure it was to her.  It was the run from the camera's that ended her life.  It makes me appreciate my simple life even more.  Princess Diana has a Beautiful Soul!

After talking about our books we shared our thoughts on some Gospel topics.  The hours flew and the time was well spent.  I enjoy our book club so much.

0 comments: