Saturday

Food 4 Thought Friday

Food 4 Thought Friday! 

A little feast without the calories!! 


Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! Go HERE to JOIN IN!!! 


 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
Breakfast ~ Who was your hero when you were a child, and what did you do to be like them? I'd have to say that my parents were my hero's.  I didn't necessarily do things to be like them but I did do things so that they would be proud of me.  I worked hard at getting good grades.  I did my best in everything.  I tried hard to obey and honor them.  Even though I didn't consciously do things to be like them I am like them in many ways.  They each have qualities that I applied to my life.  Honesty, hard working, kind, gentle, happy and simple are qualities that I got from my parents.
Lunch ~ What do you think the most ultimate gift of the world is? Christ!  His birthday, atonement and resurrection are the ultimate gifts to the world.  I am so thankful that I have been taught to know and love Jesus Christ.
Dinner ~ If you were in the Miss America talent competition, what would your talent be? I think I'd have to just speak..I like to talk and I would share some of the things I have learned in this life.  I didn't think I had a talent since I don't sing, dance, or play an instrument (even though I use to) but I have learned that kindness and compassion are talents and I have those.
Midnight Snack ~ What's the best dinner you ever had? The first thought that came to me was my mom's chicken dinner and fried pork chops.  My mom was the best cook!  The only thing she cooked that gagged me was some fish one time....it was gross!  My dad smoked his fish after that.
Recipe for the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for the week?)  Opposition comes to us all but because of the opposition and trials we get we are strengthened and pushed to a higher level! So I guess it's okay to embrace the opposition in our life and know that it is truly for our good!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm not sure what else could even be an answer to the Lunch. Nothing compares! And you DO have talents! Miss Lakette! You may not dance anymore but you had the moves at one time! I think your greatest talent is just who you are! EVERYONE loves to be around you because you make others feel important and loved. Everyone thinks they are your best friend because you treat everyone like they are. That is a rare gift!
Oh and btw....it's never too late to learn an instrument! Just sayin'.... hehe
GREAT answers! Thanks for playing!

Dawn said...

thanks Jodi....I do want to learn to play the piano. I have always wanted to and even tried taking lessons at one time but didn't practice like I should because I was busy raising my kids. :) I guess it's time!

Jodi said...

Do it! Then we can do a recital together! hehe