Not all Saturdays are as packed and busy as today was...thank goodness. We usually start the day off with a basketball game and piano lessons but today we had forgot about piano lessons and Jared went to work. Natalie wasn't feeling very good and text us to say we would wait...whew! (we forget a lot)
Durk and Robin Bailey celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary and their kids planned a great party for them. We knew about this for weeks and were excited to attend. I really felt special because the kids mentioned a few times that the people invited were their dearest friends. Durk and Robin are wonderful people and neighbors. When we first met they volunteered to stay with our five kids so we could go to Italy. Robin is one of the kindest people I know. She's an "Angel" on Earth. Robin and Durk have style. They are funny how they handle things some times. Robin has taught me so much over the years and I am a better person because of her. I admire her so much. She is just so kind and is always serving others. Durk and Robin get credit for the way my kids turned out. They let them come to their house to play and both taught them valuable things. Robin taught a few of my kids how to tie shoes, how to make rolls and even pies. I know she taught them more and was always nice to let them come and play. Even my grands ask if they can go to Robin's to play.
I enjoyed hearing the things Corrie, Bill and Jameal shared about their parents. The video they made was really cute. It was fun watching Durk and Robin grow up. As I watched it was fun to see that a few of their grand kids take after them. It was a great celebration. It was held at the Maddox Lodge. I love Durk and Robin and their cute family!
While we were at the Anniversary Party, Lori Brinkerhoff's kids were throwing her a surprise party since she is now 50. At about the same time Tammy Nye was having a baby shower for her daughter, Stephanie who is expecting their first. I ran over a gift since I couldn't make it.
As soon as we got home from Durk and Robin's we had enough time to pick up Jared and Kimleighel and go to Sadie's birthday party. It's fun going into that cute house that started out as Trichelle's. (Trichelle still owns it) It's fun having family fill it again to love and support each other. Sadie was playing on the floor when I walked in and she wanted me to hold her. That simple little act just lights up my heart. The house continued to fill as more cousins came. I feel bad that Kelsi's parents and sister weren't in any of my pictures...I only got Kelsi's grandma. Kelsi has a great family and I really love them all. All my kids married into good families. Everything looked so cute. I really liked that Kelsi put up Sadie's cute pictures she has done at Day Care. Cute little hand and feet print pictures. Her little prints are so small and cute. Braxton decorated Sadie's cake that she got to dig into. He did a great job and again I had a proud moment. My boys are talented! Sadie was careful with her cake and it took her awhile to really get much of it but by the end she had it picked up and was eating it. She actually ended up sitting on it. ☺ What a cutie! I love Sadie and it was fun celebrating her year of life with her.
Braxton made Sadie a cute airplane. It has brackets on the wings so it can be hung. Braxton is a talented and creative kid that isn't afraid to try anything. I love seeing all that my kids do...they are pretty awesome!
Behrenger enjoyed his cupcake while Sadie enjoyed her cake!




2 comments:
Impressive cake!!! How did your boys learn to do cakes? I wish mine would! lol
That airplane is amazing also! Talented boys!
Looks like the cute stuffed animal was a hit!
Are you going to post any of our pix from Rainbow? Wasn't sure why you didn't unless someone has asked you not to or if someone said something about all our crazy pix??? Just curious? I would, but I just got so much flack for posting 100+ pix of our Hawaii trip that I better not....at least for a bit. I used to love it more when posting pix wasn't a "bad" thing. Now people act like it is! :(
I'm not sure how my boys learned. I did things but I can't remember them helping me a lot when they were little. :) Sadie loved her stuffed animal and giggled when I showed it to her a few days before her party. I even let her sleep with it. ;)
Post a Comment