Friday

Celebrating Robin

Robin turned 71 on Monday but sure doesn't look like it.  Robin is the best neighbor and such a great friend.  She helped me so much with my kids while they were growing up.  She let them go over to play and would give them treats and teach them things.  If my kids know how to tie their shoes it's probably because Robin taught them.  I remember her teaching Braxton how to make rolls and Kimi remembers Robin teaching her to make pies.  When Larry and I went to Italy back in 1994, Robin and Durk volunteered to watch our kids.  Robin encouraged me to get Jaydan potty trained first before we left and since he was ready it took me only a few hours and he was trained.  I give credit to Robin since I wasn't in a hurry to potty train again.

I'm glad that we started celebrating birthdays together the last few years. All these ladies mean so much to me and have inspired me to be better.  They are all great examples and I love the memories of each of them.  I have learned to be more patient from Robin.  When her family didn't put things away instead of getting mad Robin would hide the items.  She got her point across in a subtle way instead of being angry.  She once used her hubby's plate again to serve the next meal on because he didn't clear it.  Robin is clever and soft spoken and a wonderful example to me.

I think the first time Robin came into my house I immediately started pointing out to my kids what needed to be put away.  That's how I was but I felt so stupid because I knew Robin wouldn't act like that and from that day I always tried to enter with something nice to say first.

Robin is an Angel on this earth.  She is so kind to everyone and is so sweet and pure!  I'm thankful she is in my life!

Waking up to friends is a great way to start the day.  My kind of breakfast is one with friends!

0 comments: