My mom will be 79 tomorrow and so I went and celebrated "her" today. I knew that Tuesday would be busy and by going a day earlier I had her to myself. I brought lunch and it was yummy. I stopped at Zuppa's and got us each a Triple Cheese Panini and some Tomato Basil Soup. I also stopped and got my mom her favorite pie which is Lemon Meringue. She was thrilled that I brought lunch. She even had enough left over for dinner or another lunch. It was fun spending a few hours with my mom.
She wanted me to make a chocolate sheet cake for her to take to school tomorrow to share with the class that she volunteers in. I was happy to do that for her. While the cake was baking I cleaned her bathroom for her which I know she really appreciates. We visited for a bit while the cake cooled but once I had it frosted I knew it was time to go. My mom was telling me about a great Aunt of hers who had told my mom when you get older you just get tired easier....(I paid attention)
I love my mom. She's a good lady with a caring heart. She's fun and upbeat too. She gets a lot accomplished and has many talents. She seems content and happy this birthday! I hope we get to celebrate her for many more years! She's pretty darn healthy so I could see her living for many years to come....I sure hope so!
Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment