Thursday

Happy New Years Eve

I LOVE Our Family Tradition of going Bowling with the Jones Family.  We started spending New Years Eve together when our kids were young.  We have made so many fun memories over the years and I am glad that we still are doing this with our grands now.


We use to try go to different bowling alleys but now we reserve the bowling alley in Morgan.  It's a great way to go.  We get to have the place to ourselves for two hours.  We can bring our treats and just have fun.  The owner, Keith is a great guy.  This year he has a beard and little Macie called him Ho Ho...he does look like Santa.  It's fun meeting together and bowling and visiting and catching up.


Our families really enjoy each other.  We have camped together and use to share a time share on a house boat at Lake Powell.  Our kids had fun growing up together and now their kids are playing together making memories.  Tonight the girls were dressing up and playing so cute together.  When it was time to leave there were some moans and groans.  


Everyone made it bowling this year.  I enjoy remembering back over the years and seeing how much Vicky's grands change from year to year.  Brock just keeps getting taller...he's 6'4.  Brock is just 3 months older than Jared but has always been so much bigger.  Both families have a few new little's this year. They are all so cute.


I can't help but get a  little emotional now since Dave has passed.  He is the one that started reserving Morgan Lanes and he is greatly missed.  Vicky is such an example.  She is so strong and smart.  She has so much going on but seems to be handling it as good as anyone could.  We admire and adore sweet Vicky.


My grands borrowed my camera and had a little fun with it.  These three make me smile.  They are cute and goofy and silly and completely wonderful.  I'm glad they all enjoy each other.





This year it was our turn to have the dinner and games at our house.  I left the Christmas Decorations up and even the balloons from Larry's party. Larry thought I should and so I did.  In fact, Larry doesn't think I should worry about putting the Christmas Decorations away for a while. I think I will but not sure when.  Brook shared a memory of coming to my house to play while Vicky and I crafted.  Vicky and I use to craft together a lot.  I don't craft too much these days.  I think it's because I keep my old things and because I can't see as well to do it.  I'm glad Brook remembered and shared with us.  I enjoyed listening to Nick talk about his kids and their differences....it's fun seeing these kids parent.  We have good kids and for that I am thankful.

Most of the families left around 10:00 because the babies needed to go to bed and prefer their own beds.  We had a few stay though and so we played 5 Crowns and it lasted right up until Midnight.  Cindee had brought us lots of party horns and so we stepped out into the freezing night and blew those to bring in the New Year.  We visited with Vicky a little longer while her car warmed up.  We sure enjoy Vicky.  I pray for her.  She is a great example and really is pushing forward with a smile.

0 comments: