Food 4 Thought Friday!
A little feast without the calories!!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
HOLIDAY MEMORIES
HOLIDAY MEMORIES
Lunch ~ Do you have a special Christmas memory from when you were a child? The year Santa came to our door. I remember I was so excited to see him and that he was at our house. I loved Santa and everything about him. I also remember a Christmas when I asked Santa for black cowboy boots and blue jeans. I got gold jeans and brown cowboy boots and was sad only because my neighbor across the street got the back boots and blue jeans.
Dinner ~ What is the best gift you have ever given at Christmas? I use to make dozens of gifts every year for friends and neighbors and I think those were good because they were a part of me. I cherish the gifts my friends have made for me and when I look at my decorations I see my friends. One year Trichelle came home on Christmas Eve and told Larry and I that her friend and his brother weren't having a Christmas. It was too late to get anything from the store because they were closed. We talked to our kids and Justin was more that willing to give up some of his gifts. (Justin has always been so giving) That year we had really done more for our kids than normal. (I don't think that was a coincident) Anyway we opened our gifts on Christmas morning and the Justin said the boys could have his big gifts...the spirit of Christmas rubbed off on Kevin and he too gave up some of his gifts. We wrapped the items back up and when those boys came over we gave them a nice Christmas. Two years ago when little Macie was going to be born we had decided that the money we would spend on Christmas would instead go to Macie. IT was one of My Favorite Christmas's.
Midnight Snack ~ Which Christmas has special meaning to you and why? I guess those ones I just talked about in the previous question. Oh and that same year we did that for Macie we had a few guests from Mexico staying with us. We were able to come up with a few gifts for them to open too....not much but they were so appreciative. I don't think I knew they would be here over Christmas and I don't think Braxton did either. We were prepared enough though with some extra things....God knows!
Recipe of the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?) Give More to Others! The more you give the happier you will be. I just read that happy people give gifts to others and when I read it I just smiled because I love giving gifts to others and I'm pretty darn happy!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


1 comments:
Oh I love your answers and your memories! I think these will be so awesome to have recorded for your family! It sounds like you have had some amazing Christmases! I really love your recipe for the week! I think you found the secret because you are one of the happiest people I know! Happy but also down to earth and realistic about life! I love that about you!
Thanks for playing!
Post a Comment