Thursday

Grateful for .... SNAP

I wasn't planning on going to SNAP tonight since it is my anniversary but decided to because I finally got a first counselor (my friend..Barbie Sessions) and it would be her first night and she was nervous enough.  I'm glad I was able to go though because Virginia was over the activity and she is simply wonderful at everything.  She talked about being grateful a little how how important it is.  She gave each of the gals three leaves and they wrote things they are grateful for and then Virginia put them on the tree.  She had cute leave sugar cookies that she let the girls decorate.  Some of the girls are all about the treats....only a few.

It's funny how having the calling of President and having the blessing that I got when I was set apart has changed the love I have for these ladies.  It's so much easier for me to express it to each of them.  I surprise myself sometimes as I bend down and kiss one of these sweeties on the head.  I think I loved them before but it's deeper this year.  I'm sure it's the calling which does make being President worth it.  I enjoy being around these ladies on Thursdays.  They are so fun.

0 comments: