Tuesday

Jared's 17

Seventeen years ago my oldest child was 17 and I delivered my youngest who is now 17.  This kid makes me smile.  He tells me he loves me every single day multiple times.  He still likes to sit close to me and lay his head on my lap.  He is such a sweetheart!

I'm not sure if I have ever shared how Jared's name came to be so I will now.  When I was expecting Trichelle the boy name we had chosen was Jared Joe.  Of course since we were blessed with a girl we put that name aside.  When number two baby came and was a boy we thought we would name him Jared Joe except there was already a Jared in the little, itty bitty town we lived in (Samaria, ID).  I thought it was weird to have more than one kid named the same name and so we went through all the "J" names that were so popular at the time and decided on Justin.  So Justin Joe is the name of our first son.  The name, Jared, never came up again until it was time to deliver baby number seven.  I was planning on naming this son Landon Larry.  Larry didn't like that name and usually he doesn't say and so I asked him what name would he like?  He thought about it and said: Jared.  I smiled and asked Larry if he remembered that was the name we had first chosen.  He didn't remember that at all and just said he liked it.  Well of course I liked it but now I needed to come up with a middle name to go with it...we used "Joe" with Justin.  That summer before Jared was born we took the family to the Church Historical sites in Nauvoo, Palmyra and Kirkland and so we decided on Joseph.  Joseph is also the name of Larry's grandfather and where Joe came from.  There you go...that's how he got his name.  I had a friend tell me that Jared just wasn't ready to be born when we had first chosen the name and so it had been saved for him.  That just might have happened in a round about way.
Jared chose to go to LaFerrovia for his Birthday dinner.  I enjoyed listening to him chat with us.  I love this baby of mine and I'm so glad that he is still around celebrating birthdays.

0 comments: