I got a call Tuesday night from Sister Frazier asking me if it would be possible to drive them back to Logan on Saturday. Her and Sister Hansen who are now assigned to the Logan, Utah mission, received permission to attend a baptism in Hooper. They were pretty excited and needed to arrange rides. Sister Hansen thought she had a ride to get them to Hooper but it fell through which was okay since Larry, Kimi and Jared had planned on going to Bear Lake to help our friend and were going to stay over night. They were able to bring the Sisters to Hooper and then we were all able to take them back to Logan. It was really nice visiting with these two since we kind of grew attached to them while they were serving in Hooper. Before we returned them to their companions and Logan we treated them to lunch at Maddox. Our kids hadn't been there before and so it was a treat to them as well. We got a few peach pies to share and oh my, this time of year you just can't beat Maddox's Peach Pie.
Sister Hansen and Sister Frazier know when they are returning to their families. Only three weeks for Sister Hansen and just before Thanksgiving for Sister Frazier. Sister Frazier arrives just six days after her brother who is serving in Idaho. I know they are excited and they should be. Larry told Sister Hansen we would go back up for the testimony meeting they have for departing missionaries but after we got home I told him I had said enough good byes...I am good! I don't think that's the last time I will see either of those girls....I'm pretty sure they will be back to visit.On our way home I suggested we stop at Tonya and Marks. Larry said that would be great. He had been impressed to call Mark the last few days and hadn't so this was perfect. We got to their home and no one was there but there were cars in the driveway and a light on in the kitchen. We decided since the weather was nice that we would just sit on their porch for a while...we weren't really waiting for them to come home but rather just enjoying the fresh air and comfy chairs. Larry actually fell asleep for a few minutes. Before long Alexi came home and reminded us that Emery had been baptized. (she told us she was going to be when we helped in the Temple) Alexi also mentioned that their Bishopric was being changed tomorrow and her dad was acting different. About that time Mark, Tonya and Bryce all showed up to change and get a few things to take back to Shay's. When I saw Mark I knew he was going to be the Bishop but we knew not to say anything since they hadn't told their kids. Larry also knew and congratulated him. Mark was caught of guard a bit that the Spirit had prompted Larry a few days ago. Larry really didn't know Mark had been called as Bishop but he knew he was suppose to compliment Mark for being strong in the Church even when he wasn't brought up to be. I love how the spirit works in our lives...however, often I don't think we recognize or realize it. We went to Shay's to celebrate with them and it was wonderful seeing Tonya and Mark's kids....we just love them all! Mark and Tonya are headed for an adventure! It will be good for them as all callings are.




0 comments:
Post a Comment