I pulled into Applebee's exactly on time and right behind Kathy. Mallory was right behind us. We were sat at "our" table...the table in the southeast corner. It seems we always get seated there and when we aren't it feels weird. I always sit on the south seat and Mallory and Kathy sit across from me...we are creatures of habit. Today instead of sitting at the table and getting a picture we stood up and had Sam...(a friend of Mal's that works there) take it for us. I requested the middle since it's my birthday and noticed that we are standing from youngest to oldest. I also notice that I am now the same height as Mallory but remember being as tall as Kathy most of my life. I adore these two ladies. We have shared so much over the years and continue to do so. I can count on these two for anything. They make me a better person. Today Mallory reminded me to just be nice and do the right thing regardless of how others treat me. It's nice that friends can do that for each other.
In earlier years Mallory's son Scooter would join us for lunch because his birthday is the day after mine (today)...those are fun memories!
Suzie stopped by to wish me a Happy Birthday and bring me a treat! I love this friend so much. She is so good at expressing her appreciation and love to me and kept thanking me for lots of things. Suzie is another friend that I consider family. We might not see each other often but I can always count on her and we've had each others back for many years. We are both very thankful that we had kids together so we always stayed connected. I sure love Suzie! :)



0 comments:
Post a Comment