Wednesday

Davaleen....A True Angel!

Oh my word...my heart is hurting.  Some phone calls make you drop to your knees and turn your stomach inside out...that happened today.  My dear, sweet friend Davaleen died last night of a heart attack.  She had told us that her doctor was concerned for her health but she couldn't afford the tests that he wanted her to get. (bless health insurance and obama care...they really don't seem to care)  I LOVE this friend of mine.  I posted that Davaleen was Kind...Davaleen was Smart...and Davaleen was IMPORTANT...and she truly was all of those things.  Davaleen had a heart of gold!  She cared about everyone and maybe she cared so much that there just wasn't room anymore because it was her heart that finally gave up.  Davaleen never gave up....she had some real trials but laughed her way through them.  She wouldn't give up...it wasn't in her to do so.  Davaleen will be one of the BEST Angels to those of us left here...she will continue to watch out for us, I just know that!

Davaleen believed in me.  She had me on a pedestal and even though I don't understand why it made me feel good that she thought so much of me. I always felt her love for me by the little things she said or the expression on her face.  She even referred to me a time or two as her Angel here on Earth.  We (the sista's) all knew we could count on Davaleen for anything.  Davaleen loved to have fun and would go to work late or even call in sick so that we could all be together.  That meant so much to me. She was funny and had a quick wit.  She was just fun to be around.  She even talked me into being in her 48 Hour Film Festival movie.  I will admit that was a lot of fun.
Davaleen was so thoughtful.  When Jared got lost in 2011 Davaleen got up early in the morning and drove out here to our Church to be part of the Prayer Group. I was told that there were a few "old" ladies handing out water to everyone but no one knew who they were.  It was Davaleen!  I didn't even know her that well then but she was there as were some of the other gals from this fun group.  Davaleen also made a poster and decorated our garage a little and left Jared a note and a figurine when we came home.    That's how she was....she was person who did things.  She also made Gina that fun blanket when Gina was close to leaving us.  Davaleen truly was kind!
Davaleen caught the bouquet at Kevin and Julie's Wedding. She was so supportive and fun.  We always laughed together.  We could share our woes with our sista's too and still leave feeling uplifted and happy.  What the Fun Bunch has is so good.  Sisterhood that loves and supports each other.
In May our last planned lunch together was for Davaleen.  She was having some struggles and needed our support.  We even called the lunch "Davaleen's Day".  We wanted her to know it was about her because we loved her.  I look at the pictures of the last time I saw Dave and love how Happy she looks. I think she glows!  I have always thought Davaleen was Beautiful...inside and out!
Even though my heart is hurting and I can't quite believe that my dear friend is gone, I am so happy for all the time we spent together.  I am so happy that Davaleen liked having her picture taken. I'm really glad that we have so many fun memories documented through our pictures.  I will cherish the memories forever!  I LOVE this friend of mine!  I said it with Buffey and again with Davaleen...I wonder if she knew how much she was loved and how much she meant to so many?

Each and everyone of us are important!  Our lives matter!  This World isn't quite the same when we lose someone....they really do leave a emptiness that can't ever be filled.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh what a beautiful tribute to Dave. I am bawling like a baby right now after reading it. I had to just stop half way through and let it out. I can't believe it's real. I can't believe she's really gone. It hurts. I truly loved that woman. I just wish I could have spent that last luncheon with her. That will always be a regret for me. I hope she knew how much we all loved her! What a blessing she was to us all even though she always said we were the blessing to her. This is just so sad.

Jodi said...

I might steal a few of your collages for my blog.

Dawn said...

You can steal away. I actually had stolen the ones you made but needed to reformat them so they would work better in my blog book. I want to be able to see all the pictures. I still cannot believe she is gone either....it seriously breaks my heart and numbs my brain.