Saturday

4th of July

Last week Larry invited the kids to go boating for the 4th and Trichelle replied right away that her family was in.  I talked Natalie into going with us on Thursday.  The girls went and bought beach toys, food and everything they needed.  Larry came home Friday and said he had been watching the weather report and wasn't sure if it was going to be good.  I wouldn't have even looked at the weather since we have been enjoying such good weather lately.  I wonder if he just felt like stuff needed to be done at home?  Anyway we went and talked to the girls and decided not to go.  (I'm not going to lie I was pretty bummed and I knew the grands and kids were too)
Julie and Kevin were with their little family in Wyoming with Julie's dad.  I think more of her family was there with them.  So they were celebrating together.
Justin and Braxton had gone to the Wind Rivers with their Uncle Scott for a few days and had a great time.
Jaydan was being paid to be spiderman at the Plain City Celebration.  So our family was all over and not together.  

I had many thoughts chasing around my head all day and had to keep reminding myself that nothing was going to change as far as this day and it was okay.  The decision had been made.  I took advantage of being home and went and got some things I needed for girls camp and even picked out a few Willow Angels for Davaleen's kids.  So the day wasn't wasted.  Larry had Kimi and Jared working in the yard and got a few hours of work out of them.  (I think they might hate summer holidays because it seems yard work always is part of them)
Natalie and her kids ended up playing in their backyard all day and having a blast.  Justin got home in time to go with Natalie's family to the Fire Works...Kimi and Jared also joined them.
Trichelle's family went to Little America and had a good time together too.  We teach the kids...no jumping on beds expect Hotel's! ☺  When I got the picture of them jumping on the bed it made me smile. 

I'm glad it ended up being a good day for everyone.  I'm really glad that we are going to all go boating in a few weeks and that the beach toys will be played with on a beach and that everyone will be together.

0 comments: