Saturday

Camping with Braxton and Kelsi

Braxton and Kelsi invited us to go camping with them and it worked out that we were able to.  Kelsi's parents and sister came too....it was really fun. MaryLou's dad built the cabin and it had so many cool touches.  It was cozy like a cabin should be.  A pack rat had a nest in the window and had five babies.  It was fun watching them.  When night hit momma rat was back and forth out of the window and before we even noticed she had moved all her babies.  I was watching her and never noticed her move even one of them.  I guess we made her nervous.
 We relaxed the whole time.  I love doing nothing at times....sitting watching the Humming Birds come drink the cherry kool aid that Kaydi made for them was awesome.  Spotting a few deer in the mountains was cool too. And, listening to the leaves while watching the clouds...oh...so peaceful.
 We filled up a big tank of water and brought it back to the cabin and then went for more.  When they came back with the second tank the guys noticed that the tank at the cabin was empty....400 gallons of water went somewhere but we didn't know where.  Kelly and MaryLou had to go call a brother to find out where the caps where to close off the water tank and Braxton and Kelsi went a third time for water.  It was kind of funny and we never could tell where all that water actually went.
The boys hiked the mountains and it was fun seeing them from the cabin.  I think they got a pretty good work out....the sweat on their backs was a clue.
I took a selfie of me going to the bathroom in the woods.  I couldn't wait any longer and thought my place of choice was pretty "choice"....notice the two trees that supported me? haha  I did something I have never done or thought I would do.....I used leaves. (too much information I know) I'm glad I wasn't a pioneer and I'm glad I have the luxury of flushing toilets and toilet paper.

0 comments: