Monday

Monday = Funday

Each Monday I get to pick these two up from school and take them home to play for awhile.  I love getting to do that because I miss them since I usually only see them every other Sunday.  That is the hard thing about the grands going to school.  I just don't see them as often.  I get to pick Ivy up on Wednesdays' and every other Friday as well.  I enjoy our time together.  The kids are usually ready for a treat when I pick them up and so when Ivy suggests a Slurpee I stop and get them one.

I love hearing about the things they learn in school. It's just fun listening to them and watching them grow and learn.  They amaze me all the time.  I so lucky to have my grands so close that I am able to help with them.

I think at times my kids are afraid to ask me for help.  I think they worry about taking advantage of me.  In a way that's good but it also makes me feel kind of bad.  I want them to ask and if I'm not able to help I will tell them.  However, if I am able to help out I want to...I usually try to work things out so I can help them.  I always think of Larry's dad and how he was so good to help me out with Jared.  He would tell me that he wasn't busy when I would call and I know the guy always had something but he would adjust his schedule to help me.  There were only a few times that he wasn't able to help when I asked.  I want to be like that.  I also remember asking one of the grandma's for help and she told me that she wasn't sure because she might be running in to town.  I don't want to be like that...I want to help my kids.  Besides helping my kids I really do love having the grands over.  I wouldn't want to be responsible everyday like I have been in the past because that seemed to take the fun out of it.  Plus, I have enjoyed being able to go do what I want.  However, I usually only spend a few hours away when I do go and play.  I'm flexible...at least when it comes to my time.

0 comments: