Parker spent the night for his birthday. Oh how I love our little tradition of birthday sleepovers...so fun. Kimleighel didn't have school and so she slept on the couch by Parker. I needed to get up at 5:00 to take Jared to drivers education and so I slept in my own bed. I'm glad that Kimi was a good Aunt. It made an impression on Parker and he told his mom how nice Kimi was.
After I dropped off Jared at the School I went to a few grocery stores. I needed to get things so that I could make the missionaries dinner tonight and I knew I needed to start the corn beef and cabbage before I took Parker shopping. Corn Beef isn't that easy to find in May...but I was able to...thanks to the nice guy at Kents who sent me to Harmon's. (reminded me of the Santa on Miracle on 34th street)
Parker was excited to go shopping and knew what he wanted. He even told me which Walmart he had seen it at. Sadly, when we got to the aisle that it should have been in the toy he wanted wasn't there. He spent a lot of time looking at a van for Ninja Turtles to ride in. It was a little more than I normally spend but today I thought it would be fine. I never mentioned that to Parker but I did ask him if he had Ninja Turtle guys to ride in it. I don't think it does...maybe? Anyway he wanted to check out all the aisle's and he came across a truck, trailer and car on the trailer that was a remote control. He grabbed that immediately and said let's go. It was about half the price of the van and so I told him he could choose another "small" thing. He saw a batman beach towel and that was that. Parker was happy with his choices and off we went to lunch.
Parker wanted to go to LaFerovia but they are closed on Monday's and so Kimleighel directed him to Chili's. It was a good choice. They have TV's around and a little machine on the tables to pay with that also have games on it. Parker loved that....he also enjoyed peering over the wall at the other customers. Such a cute, fun boy! I usually comb hair but forgot today...thank goodness it doesn't matter as much with boys. He such a cutie I just didn't think about it. We had such a good time with Parker. Parker is so polite and good. I sure do love this cute boy that calls me gramma. We got to play for about an hour when we got home before his mommy came to get him. She needed to take Macie to a doctor appointment at Primary Children's Hospital with a team of doctors to see what's next and Parker was going to go to his Aunts to play.
Just after Natalie came and got Parker it was time for me to leave to go pick up Ivy and Zaden from School. Ivy had invited a friend to come and play too which was fun for Ivy. Zaden wasn't bothered by it. He is really good at just playing by himself or going along with the girls. Today he made a cool thing with the lego's.
While the kids entertained themselves I prepared the Quiche that Sister Winks had requested the night before. The Corn Beef and Cabbage was smelling wonderful by now. Did I mention that the Sisters asked us to fix them dinner because they knew that transfers would be the next day and they wanted to have dinner with us before any of them left. Larry thought it would be nice to ask them if they had any requests. To my surprise they all spoke up. Sister Frazier wanted Corn Beef and Cabbage, Sister Tulley requested Spaghetti and Meatballs, and Sister Winks wanted Broccoli and Cheese Quiche. So today we decided that we would make them all happy and I pretended to know what I was doing. Each of their requests were granted! They all seemed pretty happy. ☺ (sister Frazier was the only one that was transferred but she had been here for 7 months so we weren't surprised. We're going to miss her)
I was a little tired by the end of the night and glad that I had my mother's day treat that our Ward gave to the Mother's on Mother's Day. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful day!








0 comments:
Post a Comment