Friday

Food 4 Thought Friday


Food 4 Thought Friday!

A little feast without the calories!!

Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! GO HERE to 
JOIN IN!!! 

Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions: 
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
   ~~~MOTHER'S DAY EDITION~~~
Breakfast ~ What name did you/do you call your mother?  If you are a mother, what do your children call you? I always called my Mother...Mom!  My kids usually just call me Mom as well but when they do call me Mommy it melts my heart.  I have been called Mommy Dearest but it was to get my attention.  My son was on his mission and he had maids until his birthday and they stopped having them.  He wrote "you got your wish mommy dearest".  I wanted my boys to do for themselves and never think that women are here to pick up after them.  That son is very helpful to his wife.  It made me laugh when he wrote that and I wished him a very Happy Birthday!
Lunch ~  What do you admire most about your own mother?  My mom is a very hard worker.  She doesn't stop.  She is also very talented and can do many things.   My mom is generous with God and others.
Dinner ~ 
Name a mother you admire more than any other mother (besides your own) and share why. Sharon Bagley just came to mind.  Sharon is one of those "Angel Women" here on Earth.  When I was young and living in Roy I remember a Young Women speaking of her mom.  She told how she had never heard her mom say a bad word and was always kind and patient.  She was speaking of Sharon...her mother.  Sharon has eight children and never lost it in front of her children. (that might not be completely true but to my knowledge it is) I remember hearing that she would go into her room to vent or calm down.  I always looked up to her and thought it would be wonderful if at least one of my children could say that about me.  As hard as I tried it didn't happen.  But I do know that Sharon's example made me a better mom.
Midnight Snack ~ If you are a mother, name what you feel is the hardest part of being a mother for you.  If you are not a mother, name what you think is the hardest part of being a mother from observation.  The hardest part is allowing your children their free agency.  Sometimes you know they are going in a different direction and even though you talk to them about it they get to choose and it's hard when they choose a different path than the one you would have chose for them.  When I had "little" ones I thought potty training was the worst, most frustrating thing....now I would say that wasn't a big deal at all.
Recipe of the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?)  Celebrate Mothers!  We all have them and should be grateful for the things they have taught us... good and bad.  Mother's sacrifice so much for their kids and love them more than can be imagined.  Motherhood is a Spiritual Experience....God is their teacher and confident.  I'm so thankful that I am a Mommy...this calling in life has taught me amazing things.  I am a better person because I am a Mother!  I love the ones that call me Mom, Mommy, and even Mommy Dearest.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

GREAT answers! I especially LOVED your recipe for the week! I feel the same about motherhood. I am passionate about it and always have been. Mommy Dearest makes me laugh!
Thanks for playing and have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!