Sunday

Book Preference Meme

Book Preference Meme found Here


Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror? Fantasy...however I'm not against reading the others.

Hardback or Trade paperback or Mass market paperback? I like paperback since it is lighter and less expensive if I am buying.

Amazon or Brick and Mortar? I love Amazon

Barnes & Noble or Borders? Barnes & Noble....it pulls me in like a chocolate shop does!

Bookmark or Dog-ear? I prefer a bookmark but have been known to dog-ear if I don't have one handy.

Alphabetize by author, Alphabetize by title, or Random? Random...my books are in a few places with no rhyme or reason why they are there.  I know I have a book but often times it's impossible to find if I want it.  Maybe I should Alphabetize.

Keep, Throw away or Sell? I keep...but should probably give away.  I seldom go back and read a book again.  I have thrown away one book while I was in Hawaii years ago.  It wasn't worth saving for anyone else to read.

Keep dust-jacket or Toss it? I keep them but take them off to read.  I have made a few of my own books and never order them with dust-jackets.

Read with dust-jacket or Remove it? oops...I just answered that.  I remove the dust-jacket so it doesn't rip.

Short story or Novel? It doesn't matter to me.  I enjoy all kinds of reading.

Stop reading when tired or at Chapter breaks? Both....or when I need to move on to something else.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time?” Both pull me in!  I'm a gal of many likes.

Buy or Borrow? Both.  I buy books and borrow them to others. I also borrow books from others. I prefer borrowing because then you know the book is a good one.

Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse?  All.  I bought Ellen DeGeneres book because her recommendation on the back was hilarious.  Usually I wouldn't care about the reviews...only the ones promoting the book are published right?  I prefer recommendations and have done okay with browsing. 

Collection (short stories by the same author) or Anthology (short stories by different authors)? It doesn't matter

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger? Tidy ending...I like a book that finishes even if it is in a series.  

Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading? More in the evening when the family is watching TV and I have down time. 

Standalone or Series? It doesn't matter but I guess I would prefer standalone.  Over and Done is nice.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?  Left to Tell is one of my all time favorites.  Coming out of the Ice was a real eye opener/educator book.  I also really love Gifted Hands, and Mutant Down Under.  All are true stories.

Favorite genre series?  I use to prefer mystery and love stories.  Now I really like true stories.

 Currently Reading? I need a new book....I'm not reading right now.  It's time for Book Club!

0 comments: