While I was sleeping or trying to sleep, I received a few texts saying that Sadie was going to make her entrance into this world really soon. I was excited. I know that Braxton and Kelsi were anxious to meet her and get her here. An hour after Sadie was born I got a text from Kelsi's mom, Mary Lou. She told me that Sadie was here and her stats. Born at 4:16. Weighing 5 lbs 7 oz and 18 in long. She also told me that Braxton wasn't doing well and was in the ER. Only then did I feel bad for not being there. I never imagined that anything would go wrong and especially with Braxton. I guess he was having a Panic Attack and was light headed and weak. I felt sad for my son. I was glad that Kelsi's parents were there taking care of all of them. I wouldn't have been there even had I been home but could have gone up when they started having issues. I assumed Larry knew things were happening but he didn't have a clue about anything until I called and talked to him that morning.
No one had said anything about Kelsi and so I asked if she was okay. She was doing good but did have a little issue getting rid of the placenta. It tore and wouldn't come out like it should have. Everything turned out fine though except Braxton was still having troubles. He ended up going with his in laws to the grandma's house to spend the night. I felt bad for all of them but knew they were all being taken care of. I kept reminding myself that life continues with or without you. I really wouldn't have been much help. Since Mary Lou was here I wanted to let her have her time with the kids and her new little grand because I will get to see them often. It all works out!
Larry usually doesn't care about holding the little ones but I think since I wasn't there he decided he had better. I love this picture of the two of them. I'm glad that Larry was home and was able to help with Braxton a little. I'm glad that Sadie got here safe and sound. I'm really glad for the families that my kids have married into. I feel like every family is so good and for the most part takes care of my kids.
Braxton was left watching Sadie one day when they got home and he did a little photo shoot with her. He had her surrounded by deer horns and covered with a fox pelt. The other grandma didn't find that amusing but I did. Braxton would never hurt his child but he will include her in the things he loves. I think little Sadie is so darling and sweet even with horns around her and a fox on top of her. (the fox is really soft) I am glad that our phones let us text and send pictures. Even though I was away I felt like I was included. Oh Happy Happy Day!





0 comments:
Post a Comment