This Week was filled with Fun and also a few extra things.
I have been trying to attend the Temple once a week and on Wednesday I was going to go and then go pick Ivy up from School. In the morning I was working on my blog book for 2014 and the time got away from me (but I'm done except changing the page colors) and I didn't have time to make it to a session and get Ivy. I thought that's okay I can still go Friday...which I did make happen before lunch with my book club. I knew when I went into the chapel that I might not make the 10:00 session which I really needed to make. I was right the sister came up to me and told me that starting with me those behind me and myself would be in the 10:30 session. I knew that wouldn't work for me and told her that I would go do something else then but she told me she would fit me in. It worked out good and actually there were still a few empty seats. (we had 1 1/2 rows of women on the men side) I want to go do what I can for those on the other side of the veil because I know they are helping us on this side and I also would like Heavenly Father to help me and figure I'd better help Him. I love the feeling in the Temple and all the Happy Faces that I see and pass. I feel our Saviors Love!
Once in awhile I get a really nice message or text from a friend that really makes my day. I received one this week that brought me to tears. My friend built me up and said the nicest things. She totally focused on my strengths and I know she knows my imperfections and weakness's but didn't mention any of them. The thought came to me again...."I wish we could see ourselves the way others do... or even better if we could see ourselves the way the Savior does." When times like this happen it always makes me want to live up to all the nice things. It helps me to try harder and be better. So Thank YOU my friends that do this for me!
From Jodi: "What an incredible example you are to me and so many! I wish I could be more like you in every way!!!!!! I will never come even close, but at least I have something to keep reaching towards! I seriously do not get how you get so much done and EVERYTHING you do is GOOD and SERVICE! You truly are one amazing women! When you die someday there won't be enough room for everyone that wants to come and pay their respects!!!! Thanks for being my friend!"
From Kim: "I'm proud of YOU running a business and being a mom and grandma. Thee most important job women can have. Something that colleges can never offer a degree in."
My bowling league is so good to me and for me. I know there isn't a week that goes by that I don't feel loved from the other ladies. Every week I hear a nice compliment and get sweet hugs. Being around good people brings out the good in me. ☺
Even though the week starts on Sunday I am putting it here at the end of my week. I had a cool experience that I want to remember. I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting and I had thought "I don't want to go to my Sunday School class today...I think I will go to Debbie Widdisons." I don't know who she teaches with but that was my thought. Later in the meeting the "Spirit" told me to go to Debbie Widdisons class today. I knew it was the spirit telling me and I smiled at the recognition. Larry was attending Sacrament with our family but had already gone to two other meetings and wasn't planning on staying for the rest of our block. However, he turned to me and asked me if I wanted him to go to Sunday School with me. I told him no because I was going to go to Debbie's class. He laughed and said okay. When the meeting was over I walked out of the Chapel and looked in Debbie's class. It was empty but I saw Debbie walking down the hall towards the RS room and drinking fountain. She stopped at the fountain and I was right behind her when she finished her drink. I told her that I was planning on going to her class today and she got a big smile. She told me that the other teacher wasn't coming and that she was going to ask me if I would join her today. She told me I was the most "spiritual, in-tune" person she knew. I just laughed. I knew there was a reason I needed to go to her class. Another wonderful part is that the lesson was on ........ The Holy Ghost! We shared my little experience with the cute 15 year olds and Debbie said again "Dawn is the most spiritual, in-tune" person she knew. One of the gals let out a chuckle which made me chuckle. I told her that silly (or crazy) and spiritual do mesh...it's possible and really does happen. Now I didn't share this to pat myself on the back. I shared because the Spirit talks to us more than we know and the older we get the easier it is to recognize. The Holy Ghost is a great friend that loves each of us more than we can comprehend.
Sunday
Weekly Tidbits
Posted by Dawn at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment