Saturday

Weekly Tidbits

*Monday Larry had the widows from our ward and the sister missionaries over.  I had my camera out and ready and then before I knew it some of the ladies left without getting a group picture.  My visiting teachers Ruth and Janean came and Susan H and Sharon B also came.  The ones in the picture are Lorell and Bette who got a ride from us.  Sister Hansen didn't come today because she had just found out that her cousin had been killed and she wasn't feeling up to it.  That's why there are three sisters. Sister Frazier didn't want to miss and so she invited the Sisters from the other Stake.  The sister in front (Sister Calder) is leaving next week to go home and Trichelle thought that Jaydan should meet her.  She is coming back to BYU for school...I think they should meet too.  The sister standing up is  her companion.  They are going to spend Christmas with Trichelle and TJ since Trichelle's kids will be gone and they will all be a little lonely.  I'm glad they were able to come with Sister Frazier.  They all have great spirits and it was fun hearing a little about them.  We also talked about our Prophets and some things we like about each of them.  Larry bought 4 pies and Bette brought one too so we ate pie...as much as we wanted.  It was a fun little gathering. The widows are so appreciative and absolutely love Larry...I'm pretty sure they like me too.
*Tuesday I was up early so I could go to the temple.  I was thinking that I might not go but then I knew I would feel guilty and so I got up and went.  I have decided that this year along with my having fun and making fun happen...I would attend the temple more often and help those on the other side.  I know I am being watched over by many of them and now is a good time for me to help them.  I got thinking about Marathons that are so popular right now.  I'm going to plan a few marathons of my own by going to the Temple and doing a few ordinances and spending more than just a few hours there.  I know that wasn't my thought....it's inspiration.  A few times this coming year I will be at the Temple all day.  I'm excited to do that.  I'm glad that thought came to me!  I love the Temple!
*Friday the kids and I went to the Movies with Kevin and Julie and some of her family....Larry stayed home and cleaned. (the guy truly makes me wonder what's up)  He even had me stop and get another vacuum and then he used it! ☺
*Saturday Larry got up and continued to clean.  He got us all involved and his truck is full of garbage and the extra room upstairs is clean again. Yahoo!
*We were suppose to go to dinner with Kevin, Julie and her parents but Rich didn't feel good and so Larry and I went out anyway.  Larry chose Red Robin.  It was nice getting away with him.

0 comments: