I Love Our New Years Eve Tradition!
It's fun to see our kids with their own kids. I love watching Vicky's kids as parents. They are all wonderful parents...I also love watching my kids with their own kids. We have great families.
After bowling we went to Vicky's for dinner. She served Fajita's. Wonderful as always. We played Tenzie with dice and had a good time. Instead of playing more games we visited. I enjoyed visiting and the kids enjoyed playing. The house didn't seem full or crowded. It was comfortable and nice. It was a wonderful way to spend the last day of 2014.
Vicky had some cool lanterns that we sent up into the sky to celebrate the New Year and say Good Bye to 2014. The neighbors were lighting fireworks and we quietly did our thing. It was nice!Vicky acted like she needed to.... she keeps going and tries to be happy but we could tell she was having a hard time. Before we even left our home Larry felt impressed that Vicky needed a blessing. He put it off until after we celebrated the New Year. Then we all gathered together and all the boys with the Priesthood laid their hands on her head and Larry gave her a blessing. I felt like the blessing was Dave's way of letting Vicky and her family know that he was close by. That he was very aware of each of them and doing what he could from the other side. One thing that was said was how Dave's love for Vicky was far beyond what he had ever felt while living on this earth. We all had tears rolling down our cheeks as we sniffed and wiped our tears away. Not the usual cheering and noise that happens on most of the New Years....humbling and spiritual instead. I liked it!






1 comments:
I LOVE the lantern tradition! I would like to incorporate that into something with Tyson somehow. I am so glad you were able to give her a blessing. The holidays are super hard when you have lost a loved one, no matter how hard you try to be brave. There is just such a deep hole there that is hard to seal up. She is so lucky to have you as a dear friend.
Post a Comment