Wednesday

The Temple is the Place to Be!

Kathy wanted to go to the Temple with me this week but not at 7:30 in the morning so we made plans to go again today.  We decided to go to Brigham so that Jodi could join us.  I am really glad we did.  I have wanted to go to that Temple since it was dedicated but hadn't made it.  Jodi describes it as feminine and the Ogden as masculine and I agree.  The Brigham City temple is light and delicate, and the Ogden is dark wood and big features.  Both are absolutely beautiful and it really is fun going to the different temples and to see the differences.  The feeling though from going is always the same...I always feel loved and such peace.  The Temple is such a blessing in our lives.  My friends are also such a blessing. (each and every one regardless of how much I see or spent time with them)
When we entered the women's dressing room my sweet friend Elaine Mills walked by.  Elaine lives in Samaria, ID and she has always been such a wonderful friend to me. We both lit up when we saw each other.  I was telling Larry later that night about bumping into her and he mentioned what the chances of that happening are....less than a minute difference and we wouldn't have.  Seeing Elaine brightened my day. I sure do love her!

I had to leave the session again today because I really had to go to the potty. (I say again because years ago I had a little "nightmare" and left 3 times) I felt like a little kid but knew I could not hold it.  I always go before the session and think that it's all in my head so this time when I felt the urge I ignored it...plus I didn't know where the rest room was.  Anyway as I sat there in the session I realized it was NOT just in my head but it was in my bladder!  I was beginning to feel miserable and wasn't enjoying the session.  I had a plan....when we stood to put on our Temple robes I would sneak out.  That plan worked out pretty good.  I was sitting on the back row and just went right out.  I am so glad I did....my bladder was like "super-sized". (if you didn't know it there are rest rooms by the endowment rooms)  I got back in the room and people were still standing getting dressed.  I frantically got my robes on and sat down...I was the last one standing but not by much.  I actually tied my sash and veil after I sat down. ☺ I think the older lady sitting by me was annoyed by me but I find that kind of funny since she is the only one I didn't have to climb in front of to make my exit.  She reminded me to remove my slippers and was kind of a grump about it.  I thanked her later for reminding me and she still looked grumpy and told me she couldn't hear me and so I repeated myself and then she turned her head the other way.  That kind of made me laugh....I really couldn't help myself.  I will go potty before any more sessions I attend. ☺ I did notice a smile on the poor ladies face after she went to the prayer circle and had to climb pass everyone on the back row.  People just look better when they smile. ☺
After enjoying the Celestial Room for quite awhile and gathering the names I took that Kathy and Jodi helped me do, we went to Firehouse Pizza for a treat.  We shared some garlic bread and a skookie.  Yummy!  We enjoyed each other for a little longer and then we needed to leave so I could get home to watch Parker and Macie while Mya had parent/teacher conferences.  It was a wonderful day!

I had asked Jaydan if he would please work on my lower back because it was really hurting.  He took a little time before he left and pushed on a few pressure points.  It killed at first but slowly got better.  He only worked on it for 10-15 minutes but my back was much better when he was done.  The left side was the worst and the side he worked on.  I guess it was compensating for me holding the babies which I always hold on my right side.  I am really thankful that Jaydan was able to help me out.  I need to talk him into working on it a little more. ☺

2 comments:

Ryan and GeAnna said...

I LOVE the temple! I am also glad you happened to bump into Elaine, she is an amazing woman....like you :)

Dawn said...

Thank YOU Sweet GeAnna! I was so excited to see her. I always look for her when I go to the Logan Temple but wasn't even thinking when I did see her. It was awesome!