Saturday

Homecoming

Jared was pretty excited that he was old enough to go to the first dance of his High School experience.  It's kind of nice having kids that are older versus those that are the youngest for reasons like this.  (Trichelle barely turned 16 the first week of her Junior year...bummer for her since she got asked to a few dances her Sophomore year)  Kimi was invited her first year of High School to Homecoming but hasn't since...kind of sad.  Since I mentioned Kimi I will say that we heard that someone was going to ask her but chickened out.  Kimi was excited that she was thought of at least.  She was really excited because of the source we heard it from.  The kid that had heard is very cute and one of the most popular kids and Kimi didn't think any of his friends even knew her.  I enjoyed seeing her excitement.

Jared asked his good friend Maddi.  Maddi is Jared's best friend.  He goes to her when he needs to talk because she is a good listener and kind and I pretty nice to look at.  I thought it was appropriate that good friends share their first real date together.  I think by asking your best friend you can relax and enjoy the night.  These two did enjoy the entire day together.  Jared woke up at 5:30 am to go make breakfast for the girls.  They picked the girls up and after eating they went four wheelin...it rained but Jared said it wasn't too bad.  They also shot guns at "clay pigeons" and enjoyed that too.  Jared, Conner and Eric planned this date out well.  They were very organized and did a good job.  At first I was worried since I didn't know what was going on and then I realized that was silly of me...these boys had it covered.  They brought the girls home to get ready and picked them up a few hours later so they could go to dinner.  They went to a place called Woody's.  I hadn't heard of it but one of the boys knew the owner or manager and so they went there.

Jared got home just before Midnight and I could tell that he had a good time.  I am thankful for this cute boy and I'm glad that he took Maddi to homecoming.  I am so proud of him....he paid for the entire date.  This kid saves his money and always has quite a bit in his wallet.  I feel a little bit responsible that they didn't have pictures taken at the dance.  I told Jared that he probably didn't need the most expensive package but to ask Maddi what she thought.  He asked Maddi if she wanted pictures and being sweet she said it didn't matter.  Oops...I think it kind of matters to girls.  I didn't mean for them not to get any.  Thank goodness for the pre-dance pictures.  I hope we get a few more of the group.  Jared said that one of the dads took some....I hope.

I'm glad Jared had a good time and is enjoying High School.  I hope him and Kimi both make fun memories and enjoy these crazy years of their lives.

0 comments: