Susan has a cabin up by Monte Cristo and so our Book Club went up to it for the night. We left early Tuesday morning and started making memories right away. We were getting a picture and I accidentally hit the stick that was holding the back window up and the lock came down and hit Susan hard in the forehead. We laughed but it really did hurt her. We were just glad it didn't make her bleed. (it made us talk about another time when Susan and I were having fun in California together with gramps and Tammy G and Susan feel forward in the Motor home when gramps slammed on the brakes. We had to turn around and take her to a hospital where she needed a bunch of stitches.)
The drive to her cabin was nice and we enjoyed chatting all the way there. I was loving the leaves because they are starting to change colors and are so pretty. Before we knew it we were there and loving the view we had from the cabin. It was marvelous. That is why the cabin is where it is....Susan's mother in law loved the view and so they built on top of the mountain.
We got unpacked a little and watched a movie. We watched three movies while we were away...."Rat Race, The Ultimate Gift and The Proposal." We had more but that was good for the time we were there. That is one of the things we wanted to do together since we never get the chance when we are home. Susan, Kathy and I went for a walk after the movie. It was pretty and the temperature was great. It just felt good to get out and move around in the beautiful out doors. (Shanna stayed at the cabin and had a little rest)
We played lots of games. Susan is the Game Queen. She knows so many fun card games and we had a blast laughing and playing both days. We played a game similar to "Five Crowns" and "Flip It" and a funny dice game. The dice game is similar to the M&M game but instead of sucking M&M's you write numbers to 100. We tried playing "Murder in the Dark" but it isn't much fun with just 4 people. Susan and Shanna had never played it before so we tried it a few times....it was more funny than fun. We laughed our guts out until we cried when Shanna told us "she needed a smoke" after a round of cards. It was so uncharacteristic of her that it made us all burst out in laughter. (she doesn't smoke)
We went driving around in the evening looking for animals. It had rained pretty good before we left and so we weren't sure if we would see any. It took a little while but then we saw two deer just ahead of us. Not long after those two deer we saw a Cow Moose. The picture is crappy of all the animals but they are there. Just after seeing the Moose a guy drove by and told us that there were 7 Bucks just down the road playing in a field. We found them easily and loved watching them. They were all at least 4 points. We saw a few Does with them....at least one right by them and a few more just down the road. The Sunset was pretty....the whole mountains were pretty and smelled so wonderful.
I wasn't ready to leave and I don't think Susan was either but Kathy had things she needed to get back for. We decided this would be a yearly event and we would plan it sooner so we could stay a day or two longer.
I really enjoy getting away with girl friends. The fun is so different than getting away with family. Both are good but girl time is greatly needed to refresh the soul and to just relax. It's so nice not having responsibilities for the time gone. As soon as I walked in the door my phone went off and I was reminded that I was home again and needed to step into my wife and mother roles. I started the laundry that was piled in the laundry room. I put on my Taxi hat and took Kimi to work and then picked Jared up from school....and so it is.....life continues on.
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment