Friday

Weekly Tidbits

***My fun book club went to lunch and the movie on Monday.  Shanna set this up and it was so much fun.  It always is because we're all fun and have such fun memories together.  We went to Red Robin for lunch and then we went and saw The Hundred Foot Journey.  I really liked this show....I left wishing it to would have gone on. I love my book club even if we don't talk about books too much.  I did see Shanna return a book to Kathy so I guess we can still call ourselves a book club.  We are planning an over night trip to Susan's Cabin soon and I'm really excited...more fun memories coming our way!
***It was time for some "Tammy Time" and so I ran out to her house.  We visited and time flew as always.  We decided we were hungry and went to get breakfast at Kneaders but we were about 15 minutes late and so we had lunch.  Then I talked Tammy into going with me to Farmington Station because I wanted to get Trichelle a birthday gift from Home Goods. I found a few very cute things for Trichelle and even something for Julie's birthday.  We were right by Ross and so we went there to see if they had picture frames and "Bingo" they had what I wanted.  I needed a few frames to put Kelsi and Julie's bridal's in....I like what I found. The pictures are now up on my wall. WooHoo!  I love Tammy and our time together.
 ***I didn't tell anyone that I didn't have anything going on Wednesday and so I was able to enjoy staying home and getting a few things done.  My visiting teacher came in the morning and I did tell her but that's all.  I enjoyed my alone time that day but wouldn't want it all the time.
***This is how we found out that Braxton and Kelsi are having a girl. (Sadie Lou...I think)  I am so excited to have another little grand daughter.  Oh my heck I love my grands!
***Carla has invited me out to lunch for my birthday a few times but we couldn't get days that were good for both of us and so Thursday after bowling (winter league started) she took me to lunch.  I love Carla and I'm so impressed with her inner strength.  She has lost over 20 lbs simply by giving up a few things.  She looks and feels great.  I admire this girl that is so kind and caring and pretty darn wonderful.  I'm excited that bowling has started again because that means I will get to see and visit with Carla every week.  I'm so glad that she joined our league.  Carla has a talent to organize and wants to come help me.  I get nervous because I hang onto stuff and might not want to let it go.  Maybe I will play the Frozen Soundtrack to help me out.  I'm going to take a big breath and let Carla in to help me get rid of the stuff that I do not need or use.  (my heart quickened in just typing that...I kind of like my stuff)  I am thankful for this girl and all my friends that love me!
***TJ Trailers had a Retirement Luncheon for Ken.  Larry arranged for Sizzler to cater a lunch for everyone that works at TJ Trailers and their spouses.  It wasn't fancy being in the shop and all but it was good.  Ken is a great guy.  He and Larry have been working together for about 20 years (maybe more).  Ken use to work for Coast and sold to Larry--TJ's...then when he left Coast Larry offered him a job.  Ken and Carol were very appreciative and a little emotional.  They love TJ Trailers and the employee's there.  Ken will be missed but everyone is excited that he and his cute wife get to work in the Temple now....their pay check just went up! ☺

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I should come and observe and see how you do when Carla comes over! haha I LOVE LOVE LOVE to organize too but I have a very hard time letting go of my stuff and so it makes it hard to organize when there's too much stuff! Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and let it go I guess. I dread if we ever had to move but on the other hand then I would be FORCED to let it go which would be much easier!

Dawn said...

It's going to be hard & embarrassing :)