Monday

Pedi's with Kathy

We have a "gift", a buddy, a friend and sometimes I recognize a prompting from Him.  Today was one of those times.  Kathy has been on my mind and I knew I needed to call her.  Instead of calling I just stopped by since I have to pass her house to go anywhere.  I asked her if she wanted to go get a pedicure with me in a few hours. (she wasn't ready to leave yet...wink)  She said she would love to and so I ran a few errands and went back for her.  I took Kathy to my favorite place in Syracuse and we enjoyed being pampered.  I told Kathy about my crummy morning yesterday and she could relate.  We discussed solutions and it was nice sharing with her because I knew she would understand.

We talked the whole time we were being pampered. Surprise?....not really!  I love the massage chair and today it actually felt great the entire time.  Usually I have a tight spot that needs worked on a little before it feels good.  I love having my feet messed with.....sigh......it's the best!

At some point Kathy told me that she would have thought James had called me if he would have had my  number.  She was really needing something or someone and James knew it.  I smiled because James hadn't called me but the Holy Ghost let me know.  Kathy just took Jenny back to college and is having a hard time with that.  I don't understand what she is going through since I haven't experienced the empty nest yet...it will still be a few years and by then I might be jumping for joy that it's finally empty.  Who knows?  Anyway God knew she needed a friend and He sent me.  I love that!

We went to lunch after just so we didn't have to hurry home.  I always love hanging out with Kathy. She is a talented, smart and a very fun friend.  I am glad that we live close to each other and that we can play together every now and then.  I know this winter I will really need to pay attention to the prompting sent my way.  Winter time is hard for many people and Kathy is one of them.  We talked about getting up and ready and even leaving the house early and how that makes us feel better.  I know if I get up and go for just a minute the rest of my day is better.  I accomplish more for sure and I just feel better.  That's my trick...maybe it will help her too.

It was fun the few hours we were together.  I'm glad that Kathy needed someone today and that I was the one who showed up.  I was going to go regardless and it really is more fun with friends.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Such cute pix!
Wish I could have come with! Next time! I think that HF is helping you to see how important you are in the lives of others and that is why you have this window right now. You are doing SO much good! What a great friend you are to SO many, that is why you have so many friends!!!

Dawn said...

ahhh....thank you Jodi! I think there is a lot of truth in your comment...thanks for helping me recognize it :)