I love celebrating and was thinking it's up to you a lot of times to plan the celebrations if you want them to happen. I know that not everyone likes celebrating their birthday ...to many it is just another day...to me it's a day to celebrate. I made it another year. I experienced more life. I learned more. I enjoyed more...why not celebrate?
If you have a favorite dessert then make it or order it but get it. Don't hope that someone else will remember or you might be disappointed. If you want something say so...make it happen. Even before I started planning more activities for my birthday I can't remember being disappointed. Having a summer birthday is fun and it's easy to celebrate. I notice that Kimleighel already plans her birthdays and I am glad. She gets what she wants...has things her way...and enjoys HER day!
Since I have gotten older I celebrate throughout the month. I get to have lunch dates with friends, pedicures with my girls, make cupcakes with my grands, ice cream with my boys, and a cookout with my parents and sisters family. My brothers even make it home some times...which is so wonderful.
Birthday's are a big deal...YOU were Born! You are a Big Deal! So on Your Birthday...Celebrate and Make it Fun!
This year for my birthday Larry told me he was planning on sending me flowers but also knew that $$$ was kind of tight right now so gave me the choice ... I chose the $$$. I love stashing money if I get extra....it gives me peace of mind. (I don't have much stashed)
Tonya took me to lunch for my birthday. We went to Olive Garden and shared a lunch. It was really good and just barely a little too much. I really like sharing meals these days. I guess I munch enough that I can never really eat a big meal anymore. Our Waitress was super fun and witty....my kind of gal! We liked her so much we had a picture with her. We finally left when she went on break. The time went so fast I had no idea it was flying away. (the 3 trips to the potty should have been a warning) I love Tonya and was so happy that we were able to spend time together on my birthday. Tonya is such a sweetie and blessing in my life. I sure do love my sister/friend! She makes my life better!
After lunch I ran home and picked up Kimleighel and Jared and took them to my mom's to see their Uncles. It is also National Milk Chocolate Day (so appropriate) and so I had plenty of milk chocolate to share with them. My Birthday and National Milk Chocolate Day....nothing could be better! (wink) Oh and I took my neighbor Michele over a big Milk Chocolate Bar before I left today since it is her birthday today too. ☺ We enjoyed my brothers and mom and came home to rest before dinner. (rest...ha ha ha)
For dinner I wanted to take Kimleighel and Jared with Larry and I. I chose Chinese since it is less expensive. I ordered an extra plate so that I could just share a little with everyone. It was a good choice for me and I was able to enjoy a variety of food. Yummm...maybe that will also be a new tradition for my birthday. ☺Kevin and his darling family brought me over this cute picture before I went to bed. They knew it would make me cry and they were right. As soon as they turned it over for me to see my eyes started watering. Julie arranged for everyone to get together at a park and take pictures. Julie even knows how she is going to trim the pictures so that Kelsi and Braxton's little one will fit in with an "!" I think I have some of the cutest grands every born. I love anything that involves them! This picture makes me smile and tear up a little and my heart fills like bursting....oh my heck...I love these little people!
I had a great day! I've had a fun Month. I'm looking forward to the other luncheons I get to go on next month. I enjoyed all the messages on facebook and the many texts I got. (over 350) I also enjoyed the many cards I received in the mail this year and the phone calls! I truly feel blessed and loved!
Life is a Celebration!








0 comments:
Post a Comment