Sunday

The Church is Growing here in Hooper

Historical Moment.....Our Stake was split today.  We had 13 wards in our Stake which is a lot for a Stake President to handle.  This day has been anticipated for many years.  It was really neat seeing it happen.  We remain in the original Hooper UT Stake.  A new Hooper UT Pioneer Trails Stake was formed.  It is east of us.

It was interesting how the people in the original stake were released and then called again to serve in the new stake. (those with stake callings)  The new stake got all their Presidencies called which left the original stake with some empty spots.

I love knowing that this is truly the Church of Jesus Christ and that He is the one at the head.  It is by revelation that the leaders are called.  I know that to be true.  A few interviews and Presidents are called.  I know that one of President's (President Jones...our President) knew he would be the next president on Friday because he told us that he had gone to the Temple and even knew who his counselors would be.  One of the counselors was out of town and so he was interviewed over the phone using "face time".  (you can't run or hide from the Lord...He knows where you are and what you are doing always.....not saying President Tenney was running or hiding)

President Allred (New President of the new stake) told a really good story that answered a prayer of mine.  He told of how he was asked to interpret a wedding sealing of a Japanese gal.  He felt very unprepared but accepted the challenge.  Before the sealing he was praying that he would be able to do what he had been asked to do.  When it came time for the sealing the Sealer gave the card with the sealing in Japanese to the parents that needed it and President Allred didn't have to do it.  He felt like he had let the Lord down because he wasn't prepared.  When he went home he went to his room and prayed...the answer came to his mind...."you could have done it if you would have needed to...you can do anything with my help"...or something very close to that.  Anyway....We can do anything that the Lord asks of us if we are prepared...and even if we are not if we have faith that He will help us.

I have been thinking and praying a lot lately.  Things happen sometimes that just don't make sense.  I honestly think the "spirit" is telling me things and then they don't happen.  Thank Goodness they don't because they would hurt me and be really hard to accept...however....because of the prompting....I am able to really do some soul searching.  Would I be willing to do the Lords Will? Would I stay strong?  Would I still remain happy?  I have thought and thought and have answered those questions in my mind.  I think I would be able to do the Lords will because I believe in Him.  If it is His will He would carry me through.  I believe strongly that the more we accept God's Will and do the things we are prompted to do the more God will lead us...and we will let Him because we recognize His will and help.
I truly believe that God speaks to us through the scriptures and others.  If we open up the scriptures and read it's as if he is talking directly to us. Often I pray and a friend will say exactly what I was praying about...they answer my prayer without even knowing it.  Some times I think He prepares us for something and then doesn't require us to actually follow through simply because we would be willing to.  Example.....Larry and I were willing and prepared to lose our Jared....we both surrendered to the Lords Will....then for some reason we didn't have to.  Thank Goodness!  I think that kind of thing happens a lot in life.  Being prepared is a wonderful thing...maybe that's why it's the Boy Scout Motto. ☺

Following the promptings of the Lord isn't always easy.  It scares us even especially if it involves others which it usually does.  For some reason (I know why) I am to share my testimony often.  It makes me uncomfortable because I think others judge me or talk about me in a negative way..then I remember if I want the Lord to bless me and answer my prayers I have to be willing to act on His promptings and sharing my testimony is a prompting I recognize. I think Heavenly Father is a funny guy and likes to play games...I said "I won't bare my testimony" and He say's "You wanna bet?"  He wins more than me these days and I am glad because I know I am blessed for doing it.  It's between me and Him...and I think He laughs!

I love Heavenly Father and Mother.  I know they love us more than we will ever be able to comprehend in this life.  I love Jesus Christ and the gift he has given us to live again with them all.  I love His example of service and love.  I love that no matter how badly He was treated He continued to do the Lords will by moving forward.  He never sought revenge but continued doing good and being himself.  I respect and admire Joseph Smith so much for having the courage to restore this gospel.  He wasn't liked by all either but did what he knew was required of him....he followed the promptings of the Lord.  I love and honor the Prophets of today.  I love their kind spirits and how they teach with love and kindness.  I want to be like them all....line upon line....step by step....slowly it happens.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Such a beautiful post and testimony. You are amazing Dawn! And trust me, no one could ever think anything negative about you! That's just Satan trying to scare you out of not bearing your testimony. Just reading your testimony strengthened mine! THANK YOU!

Dawn said...

Thanks Cute Friend!