Today is Gina's Birthday and it is also Easter. Last year it was so important for Gina to celebrate Easter with her loved one's even though she was really sick. She also put on a smile for her birthday and enjoyed her family. Because her birthday landed on Easter this year Rex knew that he had to do something special. He wanted to have a celebration in honor of Gina and send her 53 balloons. The time that was set worked out so that I could attend. I left church a little early and was home in plenty of time to help get dinner ready for the family. I'm so glad that I was able to go. I could feel Gina's sweet spirit on my way there. Of course she was there for her celebration.
Rex talked a little about some of his memories and let anyone else that wanted to share do so. Not many spoke up but I am sure they were remembering like I was. I had known of Gina since Junior High School but I din't know her until a few years ago when our paths crossed. I met her and her daughter at a crafting day at Kathy Moore's. She was all smiles and so fun.
Me and my friends were able to follow her journey while she fought the cancer that was taking her life. Gina never complained and was always expressing her faith in our God. I admired that about her. I loved how she wasn't afraid or shy about talking of God and His love for us. She truly left her life in His hands and knew that whatever His will was she would be fine. Gina was a wonderful, positive example to everyone. She influenced many that she only knew from the internet...her strong spirit was felt and loved by all.
She never quit fighting. Even when she knew that the cancer was stronger than any medicine she continued to try them all. I know she did that for her daughter and her grand...so they would know that she never gave up.
I love this dear friend of mine. I am so glad that she came into my life before hers was complete. She inspires me still. I am a better person because I have known Gina and got to rub shoulders with her.
Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Wow this post is such a great tribute to such a great woman. I miss her so much! I am so happy you were able to make it.
Post a Comment