Tuesday

We Choose

I invited myself to go with Jodi to Bountiful where she would be speaking to the RS sisters from the ward she lived in 20 years ago.  I have learned that sometimes if you want to do something you have to speak up. ☺  I love spending time with Jodi and so I asked.  Jodi accepted my invite and so I went with her.

It was fun meeting some of the ladies that she knew...they all love Jodi.  They had a dinner first and then Jodi spoke.  This girl is amazing.  Her talk was about choices.  We get to choose how we are going to respond to what life gives us.  And we all know that life gives us plenty....and it's not all good...but from it all we learn and get to choose how we react.

Jodi spoke of her son Tyson who they got to enjoy for 17 wonderful years.  She told how Tyson never complained about his trials with his health...never!  Tyson lived life to it's fullest and enjoyed it as much as possible.  Jodi and her family also had to decide how they would react to this trial.  Jodi chose to live a Happy life and to be Grateful for All the Good in it!  Jodi keeps a Gratitude Journal which helps her focus and find things to be grateful for every single day.  I have also wrote down things I am grateful for at times in my life and it's amazing what a positive impact that alone can make.  Jodi made a comment about how Gratitude is  almost "magical".  I believe that is true....being grateful and smiling can change a bad day or moment into a good day.  Those two things are "magical"....I know because I have chosen to focus on them and my life is good and I am happy.

I love that Jodi and I are so much alike.  It's fun!  Before we left tonight Jodi called Dick's Bakery in Bountiful and had them save her lots of doughnuts.  The girl loves sweets like I love sweets! (I'm pretty sure I eat more & I know I exercise less) However she knows a lot more places to get the best treats.  She was sweet and sent me with a container of doughnuts.....they are yummy!

I love that that Jodi and I can share our most personal feelings with each other.  We can be silly and crazy but we can also be serious and compassionate.  I'm so glad our paths crossed when they did!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh you are very sweet! And I feel the exact same about YOU! Thanks so much for going with me! You have no idea how much I appreciated that. I love being with you so much and it was calming to have you there with me. And yes, I did say gratitude is magical. I honestly think it is! It is the one thing that really helped me survive it all! Thanks again for an awesome post.

Oh PS the photo isn't showing up when I was on here, but if I clicked on it then it did. I have yet to figure out why blogger does that sometimes. If you ever notice that with any of my posts let me know. Sometimes I just have to re add them so they work right. And other times it was just a temporary glitch. =)

Dawn said...

♥♥♥