There are times when we actually get to see and be a part of the results of some good works and caring. This happened today for Larry. Derek was in the Young Men's while Larry served as Bishop. He had his challenges and Larry worked with him. Larry always loved this kid and never gave up on him. I know that Derek could feel the love Larry has for him. Over this last year I could see the change in this great kid....his light was shining again. Derek and his cute girl friend of seven years were finally at the point in their lives that they wanted to unite their love in marriage. They were able to go to the Temple today and do that. They chose the Manti Temple for their Sealing. It's where Derek's parents and brother were married. It's a lovely Temple! It was a wonderful day.
Karleen and Ken Turner drove down with us which was a nice thing. It was fun visiting with them for those hours of driving. We left a little earlier so we could stop and get something to eat before going into the temple. We really only had enough time to stop at a convenience store though and so we chose a Maverick in Ephraim. As I was selecting a parfait I heard my name. In my mind I was thinking who would know me here? I turned around to see Kathy Orrock's cute niece, Suzie standing there with her two darling kids. Suzie looked so happy and great. Being a mommy suits her. We visited for just a few minutes before I had to leave. Seeing Suzie made me smile, having her recognize me made my day!
Today for the Sealing we needed to wear our white clothes. I haven't seen that done for years but it was neat to have everyone in white while Derek and McKel were sealed together. I loved observing the parents of these two kids....a huge "pay day" for them all. It's such a blessing to have your kids choose to go to the Temple and make those covenants with Heavenly Father and each other. I love being a part of these cherished moments.
It was a long day but a wonderful one. I'm so happy for Derek and Mckel and their families! This is what life is about...being with our loved ones in the Temple of the Lord.
(I didn't carry my camera today so all the pictures were found on the internet)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
What an awesome day! You guys are amazing to travel that far! Serious! You really are!
Post a Comment