Saturday

General Women's Conference


Many daughters of God all over the world, eight years old and up, gathered tonight for a General Women's Conference.  It was an awesome meeting.

Me and my girls went to our Stake Center to listen to the words prepared for us.  Our wonderful Stake Leaders decked the halls of our building with beautiful decor and filled many rooms with sweet treats that we were able to enjoy before the meeting.  It was like heaven on earth...especially the rooms filled with treats.  Kimi and I checked out at least four of the different rooms to see if there were treats we wanted more....I found an eclair that over ruled my mint brownie that was on my plate.  I put the mint brownie on another tray and so it was the only mint brownie in the room for a minute or so.  Trichelle, Ivy and Natalie all came moments later to join us.  It was so wonderful having them there with me....I was especially proud that Ivy was able to come...she's getting so big.

I love feeling the Spirit of God and it was felt at this meeting.  So many amazing talks and music. Having my girls with me increased the spirit and I was filled with Joy!

A few things that were said tonight were:
"We are daughters in His Kingdom"  "Strength in Unity" "Here I am, Send Me"  "Covenant Keepers"

"We as Women can be particularly hard on ourselves"  "Relax and Rejoice in our Divine Differences"

"We should not only Love Each Other More, but Love Each Other Better."

"We need to STOP beating ourselves up because we are not perfect.  The root of the word "perfect" came from Greek origins and means "complete".  Be Ye therefore "Complete" has a totally different meaning."
From Elaine Dalton at a previous meeting:
As daughters of God we are each unique and different in our circumstances and experiences.  And yet our part matters---because WE matter.  Our daily contributions of nurturing, teaching, and caring for others may seem mundane, diminished, difficult, and demeaning at times, and yet as we remember that first line in the Young Women theme....."We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us"....it will make all the difference in our relationships and our responses.

0 comments: