Saturday

Establishing Handicap

I don't know what it is about establishing my handicap on a league that causes me to relax and bowl out of my head.  Maybe it's I don't care and I am relaxed that makes me do so well.  Needless to say I usually bowl best when I am establishing.  When you establish a handicap you add all three games up and then divide that total by three which gives you your average.  Then the league gives you a handicap so that every bowler is more equal and the teams are too.  Well I won't have much if any handicap for this Friday league.  I bowled too good.  My first game I got a 137 which pleases me.  (I like being about 130 but usually have a better average than that)  Second game was a wonderful 211...Holy Smokes I was smiling.  I had 5 strikes in a row which I call a Siamese Twin (no one else calls it that but I do).  Anyway it was a fun game.  The 3rd game everything seemed to fall and I ended up with a 215.  Oh Happy Happy Day.....Oh except I am establishing which means my average is a 187 and I don't think I get any handicap with that.  So for now on I would need to bowl that well to keep up with the other teams.  (pretty darn sure it won't happen...it hasn't ever before)  I just told the gals that God is real and miracles still happen because we all just witnessed one.  Boy it felt good and made me smile. Every once in awhile this girl can bowl....today was one of those times! Yeah Me!


0 comments: