Sunday

A Hoorah with the Coy's

Tonya and I wanted to get our families together one more time before Alexi left for her mission and so I volunteered to have a dinner at my house.  I figured my kids and their families would be coming anyway so why not Tonya and hers.  It was fun as always.  I love the Coy Family and I love how well we all get along.  Everyone from both sides mingle and enjoy each other.  There is no segregation which is really nice.  Even the grands all play with each other.
I love each and every person that belongs to this family.  They are such wonderful people with big hearts.  They love us all as much as we love them.  They all make my life better.....truly they do.  I love watching our kids that have grown up and now have children of their own.  Tonya, Mark, Larry & I have raised some good kids.  They are good parents and have good partners.  My heart beams while I watch and visit with them.  The grands are all really great little people too....they are all kind and respectful and loving.  It's cool to see the good passed down and become even better.
Time flies when you are having fun and tonight it surely did.  Before we even realized it was after 9:00 pm and we needed to leave to get back into Willard before the gate closed which is at 10:00 pm.  I would have rather stayed and visited with this cute family but that didn't happen.

I will be forever grateful to Heavenly Father for blessing me with Tonya as my friend at such a very young age.  What a blessing she has always been to me.....a dear friend who has become family in every way.
I LOVE all the Coy's, Mocks, Lindsay's, and Shaffer's!

2 comments:

amity said...

thank you for documenting this!! thank you for having our family over, we had a blast!! we are so thankful for your family and are so proud to call you family! we love you and your amazing family, too!!

Dawn said...

Thanks Amity! It was so fun and we really should do it more....glad it worked out :)