Saturday

Reminiscing about the Good 'Ol Days

I was so excited to find Lynn Halpin Skeen on Face Book,  I have good memories of growing up with Lynn.  She moved into Washington Terrace when we were in the fourth grade. (I think that is what she told me)  We decided to go to lunch and we invited Mindy Peterson Stowers to join us.  Mindy and Lynn actually played together much more since they lived closer to each other.  It's funny how close the houses we grew up in really are but for some reason it seemed further. I didn't leave my street very much...I don't think most kids did.

We caught up fast and spent 4 hours together just talking and sharing.  It's funny how friendships that were strong when you are little are still bound as you get older.  I love these two and admire them for all they have done and experienced.  It was so much fun for me to reminisce about the good 'ol days.  It was fun hearing the events that have happened in between.  I'm so thankful for technology and that we are able to reconnect with people that have meant so much to us...Life is Good!

After meeting these two  I ran home and went to our Stake Conference.  It was so good.  Elder Gay was the presiding Priesthood leader and he was awesome.  He told so many inspiring stories.  I really want to have the Faith I need to Follow our Savior and allow Him to guide my life.  Life doesn't come without trials....but we will be blessed as we trust in God and allow him to guide us.

0 comments: