Sunday

Happy Green Day

You probably know me by now and know that I love Holidays and Traditions.  On St Patrick's day we wear green or pinch...We also eat green food. This year we had chicken and tortellini and green alfredo sauce and salad and a rainbow jello....and of course green punch!  I think it's fun to do silly things like this.  The kids act a little leery sometimes in trying green food but eventually do and realize it's what they like just colored.  I love having the family together and having our traditions....it makes my heart happy.
We usually have our family home evenings on Sundays since the family is together and the grands love it.  I'm pretty sure they really just like playing games and having treats but they always ask to do family home evening.  It's fun to discuss things and watch the little's and how much they pick up.  They are smarties....I know, I know I'm the gramma and would say that about my grands but it is absolutely true!
 Tonight the kids wanted to play dress up so I pulled out the costume box.  They tried on most of the costumes in the box and had a great time.  Ivy and Zaden had to leave early so they missed out this time. :(

The little's make me smile.  I couldn't help but giggle when Parker put on the clown costume.  Trichelle and Justin had matching costumes when they were six and four and Kevin had a little clown costume and even Larry and I dressed in clown costumes that year.  Kind of shows how big Parker is or how small Trichelle and Justin were.

It's fun remembering back when my kids wore these same costumes....time really does go by way too fast.  I remember sewing the purple princess costume for Trichelle since that's what she wanted and the ones to rent were ugly and we couldn't find one to buy.  I hated sewing but am proud that it's still around and has held up. It's fun seeing the grands wearing the same costumes.  I am thankful for memories. (and a little bit for being a pack rat....I just can't get rid of some things)

I love Sundays.  I love Holidays.  I love Traditions.  I love my family.  

0 comments: