Sunday

coolest mom

I was ready for bed....in bed when my boys came in and told me that I would be the coolest mom ever if I hid from dad in the basket of stuffed animals.  I really didn't want to but how could I not when 6 eyes were encouraging me and 3 smiles shining at me and little voices pleading. So, I did it.  I climbed in the basket and let the boys cover me up with the stuffed toys.  Larry came in and asked where I was...I think the boys said in the bathroom.  When he could see I wasn't in the bathroom he called my name.  I knew if I didn't answer he would go to bed without me and I would be left to sleep with the stuffed toys, so I gently replied..."huh?"  The boys laughed and I guess they expected me to pop up like a "jack in the box".  I didn't know that was the plan or I might have hunched down instead of sat down.  We laughed and laughed and I am now "the coolest mom" ever.

0 comments: