Wednesday

For Me & Gina

I bought these flowers for me today.  When I saw them they made me smile and so I decided to bring them home and brighten up my home.  I love how bright and cheerful they are.  Sometimes we need to remember ourselves and do what makes us happy. (some times only we know what does)
Today I made cookies and a card for one of my sweet friends who is full of cancer.  I bought her a Willow Angel....."Angel of Miracles" to take to her too. Funny thing is ....she collects Willow Angels and has never gotten the same one twice from anyone.  I had no idea she collected them and the other ones I was debating on would have been repeats....I believe I was guided to the "Angel of Miracles". (I even stood there looking at them and said a little prayer)  She has fought so hard and so positively against her cancer but it just keeps spreading.  I wanted her to know how dear she is to me and how much I love her.  I kept remembering how nice it was when Jared was lost to actually have someone come to my home and give me a hug....so today I went and hugged Gina.

Gina is one amazing lady who doesn't give up and praises God no matter what.  She is such a wonderful example to everyone who knows her.  I am so glad that I was able to get to know Gina these last few years and have her as one of my dearest friends.  She has made me a better person because of her wonderful example.  She always compliments me and makes me feel like I am doing good things too.  Oh....I love Gina!

It happened to be Rex's (hubby) birthday and so I gave him the warm cookies. :)  I continually pray for Gina and the miracle she wants.  I believe she has had a miracle though since she is still here and able to do so much.  Her poor little body is consumed with cancer...it's everywhere and it makes me and everyone she know so sad.  Every day with Gina or any of us is a gift.....I am thankful!

0 comments: