Monday

a M of M that I REGRET!!!

Have you ever done anything that you truly regret and wish you could go back and redo?  There are many things but one in particular that I would redo if I could.  It happened on Christmas Eve many years ago....I can't remember that  but I do know the Trichelle and Justin were still young enough that they liked sneaking down and peaking at the tree and seeing if Santa brought them anything.
I being "clever" and thinking it would be "funny" talked Larry into sleeping in the hall outside our bedroom door so the kids would have to climb over us.  The kids all sleep upstairs over the garage and our room is at the bottom of the stairs. I was looking forward to seeing how "clever" the kids would be to get around us.  I wondered if they would just tippy toe around us or climb over us walking on the walls.  Neither happened.
I heard them very quietly coming down the stairs.  They saw us blocking their way to the room that Santa had visited and instead of trying to get around us they went back up stairs and to my knowledge never came down early again.  That didn't go quite like I had planned and I have regretted that decision ever since.
Justin was telling Mya the other night how him and Trichelle use to come down and sleep by the tree....that is until the "hall" incident.  That is something I will never forget and I will forever regret.  However....on a happier note I remember Braxton and Jaydan as teenagers trying to catch Santa.  They would hide behind decorations and wait.  Not sure they ever caught Santa because I usually caught them hiding before Santa came.
I hope my kids have happy memories of Christmas.  I love it but have realized I love preparing for Christmas more than I love the actual day of Christmas.  Preparing is so fun and the actual day can be a let down and even disappointing if a child is unhappy.  My kids don't ask or expect too much and so for the most part I think they have always been happy.
I love putting out the same decorations year after year and the memories of those who gave them to me.  Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year and I love it!

0 comments: