Monday

32nd Anniversary

Well I am happy to say that we made it another year!  This past year kind of just happened....we survived!   I wouldn't say it was our worst year but it wasn't our best.  There were so many distractions that kept us busy and just surviving.  It was on this day last year that the Roger's had their accident....that's hard on a family. (their's and ours)  I know it is truly harder on their's they lost DJ.  It breaks my heart and it breaks Larry's.  Larry has dedicated a lot of his time to both families....Dave & Wendy's and Brittney's.  It's his job, it's what he's needed to do.  I get that but I'm not going to lie.....I felt his absence! The stress of work, Bishop and life has overwhelmed us all.  I've missed my hubby!

For our anniversary this year it worked out well that we were able to go to Hawaii with the Winters & Brinkerhoff's.  I love getting away with Larry because we can focus on each other and fall deeper in love.  That didn't happen this trip.  Larry was stressed and he didn't show up until late Friday...or even Saturday, the day we left. (his body was there of course but he wasn't)  I have a hard time seeing my hubby stressed and worried and unable to share with me.  The stress eventually creeps over to me and overwhelms me too. (I hate that!)  I have endured this calling of his and hopefully will be able to endure it to the end.  I don't think I could say yes to a calling like this again. (I can't handle it.....I respect all those women who do, even more so now.....I didn't ever want to be one and it has been a challenge for me to say the least)
I'm thankful for Larry....he's a great guy!  He's a terrific Bishop and truly is a better person since his calling.  There really is plenty of good happening.....it's just the timing! (stress rules! Dangit!)

Today since it is our anniversary we have decided to take Zaden to a movie (wreck it ralph) and then go to another movie (taken 2) after taking Zaden back home and then to dinner.  I like our time together....movies are a good place to go since we seldom do and you have to turn your phone off! :)  Cheers to another Year.....looking forward to the ones we have left!

0 comments: