Tuesday

Spooktacular Party on Halloween Eve

Cute Lisa invited all us "sista's" over for a Pot Luck Dinner and Scary Movie Night!  It was a blast....I love getting together with my "sista's".  Lisa's house is awesome!  She does everything so cute....she's one talented gal!
The Pot Luck was very colorful and yummy....at least the things I tried.  I didn't try everything which I am proud to say.  I am finding some control in my life. It was a nice variety.
Lisa had a little gift for each of us.....glasses with mustaches!  So funny & cute!  I had thought about bringing headbands or masks or something since it wasn't a dress up party (even though I did dress up)  but decided not to since it was at Lisa's and she was in charge.  I'm glad I decided the way I did......Lisa did good! (my glasses glow in the dark)




I can't help but think that my mom didn't have this much fun at this age.  I am having a blast and love hanging with my friends.  In fact as I was leaving tonight I told Larry to have a good time. (he had YM/YW and meetings) His response was: "you have way more fun than me".  I know I do and wondered if that was a problem for him.  The difference is I choose to have fun!  I make my days fun and I am loving life.  I think so often we get stuck in a rut and just exist.....doing our daily routines and not really enjoying where we are.  I know that I have lived that way and even though I was happy to a point I wasn't really happy....I was just doing and being what and who I needed to.  This point in my life is my favorite......but in all honesty I can say each step of the way to get here was my favorite at the time.  I'm just glad I reached this point.  I certainly "feel" younger than my age or my face.
We watched "The Lady in Black" and it was scary.  I don't really like being scared but watching a scary movie with a bunch of "sista's" makes it more fun than scary.  We jumped and we screamed and we laughed....it was fun.  My first scare found my hands upright, together in a praying position....hahaha (doing what comes naturally)  

This group of ladies enjoy being crazy.....we all enjoy making memories and catching them with the camera. I think it is so much fun.  I get told that I have more fun than anyone.  Now I'm not sure that is true but I do have fun and it is fun documenting it with pictures.

I know I say it every time I write about my friends but I always learn to much from each of them and my life is simply better because of my friends.  I am finally at a  point in my life that I realize I am important to others also.....I like knowing that and finally believing it.  A simple but lovely "gift" from God!

 Halloween is fun and celebrating with my friends is priceless!  I sure do LOVE them all!

0 comments: