Tuesday

9*11*2001

Who could ever forget the Tragedy that happened on this day 11 years ago?  It is a memory engraved in my mind and will be forever.  I remember getting the kids ready for school when Suzie Arave called and asked me if I had seen the news. I hadn't and she told me what had happened.  I went upstairs and turned the news on.  I remember watching the planes crash into the twin towers and going weak and numb.  I couldn't believe this was happening.  I was devastated as was the rest of the world.  I was physically sick to my stomach.  I was sick for all the innocent people involved....and everyone who lost family that day. :(  (still makes me cry)
I watched for awhile and cried a lot.  I knew the day was wasted as far as getting anything accomplished.  I decided it would be best to get out of the house away from the TV.  Since Jared's birthday was coming up I decided to drive to Tremonton  to the John Deere Tractor store and get him a tractor for his birthday.  I think the drive sounded best.    
I bought Jared a heavy duty tractor since I knew my older kids would be trying it out.  It was a Happy distraction for such a sad day.  
I am forever grateful for everyone who has and continues to fight for our Freedoms.  I am sad for all who lost their lives that day and the days following. (and all the families who lost loved ones)  America is a wonderful place....full of people who care about each other and will do anything to help another person out....even if it means losing their own life.  I am Proud to be an American!!!  This day will always be remembered and lived over in our minds.

0 comments: