Tuesday

Sun Catchers

Today Emmalee came over and helped Kimi with her Science Packets!  I had gone with Kathy O to get a gift for Susan Harrop from our Book Club and we ended up playing together a little longer.  We stopped for a sandwich and then went and got pedicures.  I was planning on taking my girls this Saturday but Trichelle wasn't going to be able to make it and I really want us all to be together to get them.  That's kind of the whole idea about getting them so we postponed them until next month.  I really wanted one though and so Kathy and I went.  I love pedicures! (I was also trying to stay away from Kimi since she has a bit of an attitude with me lately.....bless her heart and PMS)  Having Emmalee here softened things.
I also got to watch my two very cute little friends ..... Luke and Isaac!  I love these boys!  The other day I ran into them at lunch and when they left Luke came over and gave me the biggest hug.....in fact he wouldn't let go of me.  I was thrilled that Heather called to see if they could come play for awhile today.  They were a bit disappointed when they heard Jared had just left for Scout Camp this morning. (maybe more than a bit)  I distracted them right away and told them I knew they would be and planned something fun for them to make.  We made Sun Catchers and Isaac especially enjoyed making them.  Luke was cool with making just a few.  Emmalee and Kimi loved them and made them for a few hours.  I even made one! ;)
 It was a fun thing to do with some fun kids.  Such a simple craft that turns out pretty cool.
To make Sun Catchers you need: Clear Pony Beads, fishing line, and pans to cook them in, and a drill with a small bit.  Today we used some metal cookie cutters for shapes and just put them in a flat pie tin.  Emmalee and Kimi even made a few designs right on the pans.  You put the beads together as closely as possible (with the holes up...if they are sideways it didn't really matter) and then Bake @ 400 for 20 minutes.  Let cool.....it doesn't take long.  Then just drill a little hole where you want if it doesn't have a hole and it won't if you got your beads close. Then put some fishing line through it, tie a knot and hang in a window or from a tree.  (or your arms, or in your car, or around your neck)
*you don't have to spray pan....they pop right off when they are cool! Oh and it does stink a little while they cook.

0 comments: